The National Ballet of Canada’s dancers may not be able to rehearse in the studio during this time but we are in constant communication with them. Our staff, led by Associate Artistic Director Christopher Stowell, is providing information and support for their well-being and ongoing conditioning.
What We Are Doing:
- The entire Health and Wellness team is available for remote appointments to assist dancers who are returning from injury or addressing specific issues
- Company Athletic Therapist Paul Papoutsakis creates weekly conditioning programmes with exercises that dancers can do at home
- Former Principal Dancer Xiao Nan Yu provides strengthening exercises specifically for female dancers to maintain strength in the feet for when they return to pointe work
- The company is providing information and support on how to deal with stress from a professional sports psychology perspective
- Dancers are reaching out to their fellow dancers and maintaining a community of support
Dance With Us
Take a class led by National Ballet dancers on Instagram LIVE @nationalballet
Classes This Week
Ballet Class with Principal Dancer Greta Hodgkinson
Monday, April 6 at 12:00 pm EDT
Full Body Workout with In Studio Director Kate Kernahan
Wednesday, April 8 at 12:00 pm EDT
Ballet Class with First Soloist Tina Pereira
Friday, April 10 at 12:00 pm EDT
Ask Us Anything
Have a question that you always wanted to ask us? Now’s your chance. Our dancers lead Q&A’s on Instagram LIVE @nationalballet.
This Week's Q&A
Principal Character Artist Rebekah Rimsay
Tuesday, April 7 at 12:00 pm EDT
Just like you, our dancers are at home practicing safe social distancing, finding creative ways to stay fit, teaching online classes, baking, reading and more. Each week, we will feature one dancer and how they spending their time.
Principal Dancer, Guillaume Côté
Guillaume has been sharing the “stage” with his daughter Emma. The pair have been recreating famous moments in ballet including the section from the balcony Pas de Deux in Alexei Ratmansky’s Romeo and Juliet. Follow him @guillaumecote for more re-creations.
What the Dancers Are Doing >