Performing on the International Stage
Strategic Priority: To showcase Canadian dance excellence on the world stage
With talented dancers and a unique repertoire of original productions, the National Ballet is gaining a reputation as a company to be seen. Touring is an essential part of Karen Kain's vision: to enhance the company's visibility and reputation for excellence and to attract leading dancers and choreographers to collaborate on future projects. As a result, the National Ballet – and, by extension, Canada, itself – is celebrated as a centre of artistic excellence, innovation and creativity.
"We have a company to be very proud of, one that is bursting with talent and can stand up on any stage internationally." Karen Kain, Artistic Director
Soaring Achievements to Date
With generous donor support, the National Ballet has:
- Showcased our artists and most important work for new audiences
- Provided more performance opportunities for dancers and greater exposure for all company artists
- Presented performances in major dance centres: London (2013, 2017), Paris (2017), Hamburg (2018), Moscow & St. Petersburg (2018), New York City (2014, 2016), Washington, DC (2013, 2016) and Los Angeles (2012, 2014)
With gifts to the Soaring Campaign, the National Ballet will be able to:
- Return to Sadler’s Wells, Lincoln Centre, Kennedy Centre and the Music Centre and to tour to other major centres in Europe
- Enhance our international standing as a company in demand
- Contribute to Canada’s reputation as a diverse, innovative and culturally-rich nation
Your gift will be matched!