With a gift to the Together for Ballet campaign, your generosity helps to support and protect our artists and ensure that The National Ballet of Canada stays strong for when we can all be together again.
Thank you to the donors who are also sending in words of encouragement. You are lifting our spirits and reminding us of the amazing individuals who will be waiting for us when theatres re-open. Please watch as the artists read some of these messages of support and offer their heartfelt gratitude.
The Together for Ballet campaign is keeping our artists active and engaged with you. Each gift is helping the National Ballet:
- Sustain the employment of 62 dancers, 12 apprentices and 66 musicians.
- Expand our RBC Apprentice Programme to 12 dancers who are training and rehearsing while also participating in YOU dance virtual visits.
- Protect the safety of our artists through retrofits to our buildings, enhanced cleaning, regular COVID screening and additional health protocols.
- Maintain the Dancer Wellness programme through personalized care for dancers, both in-person and virtually.
- Commission the creation of new ballets from Jera Wolfe, Kevin A. Ormsby and Alysa Pires.
- Stay engaged with audiences through digital programming, like Expansive Dances and Spotlight Series.
- Partner with Cineplex to share the beauty and magic of The Nutcracker across Canada.
- Invite 1,600 families across Canada to enjoy the digital stream of The Nutcracker for free through Share the Magic.
- Adapt our flagship outreach programme, YOU dance, to virtual visits with classrooms. To date, we have reached over 3,600 students through 72 Virtual Movement Workshops and 30 Virtual Rehearsal Visits. We have also held 11 Virtual Workshops for Project Autism for 120 participants.
- Highlight the breadth of our dance community through Sharing the Stage which invites members of other dance companies and styles to teach an online class.
- Move In Studio ballet and fitness classes online.
- Enhance our digital technology so we can better capture and disseminate rehearsals and performances.