In Studio Online Classes
Keep moving with us in the comfort of your home! We want to stay connected and keep dancing with you through our online interactive classes using the free virtual platform, Zoom. Classes include Classical Ballet Barre, Full Body Barre and Mat Pilates and with Zoom, you can interact with your instructor and receive feedback. Learn from In Studio Director, Kate Kernaghan as well as guest artists of the National Ballet. Classes are available for all levels and beginners are welcome. Classes are just $10.75.
Online Zoom Classes Include
Absolute Beginner Ballet Barre
Learn the absolute basics of classical ballet in this one hour online class. Suitable for absolute beginners or participants looking to brush on very basic technique.
Beginner Level I Ballet Barre Online
Develop strength, grace and musicality. This level is designed for participants with six months to one year of ballet experience.
Beginner Level II Ballet Barre Online
This level is geared towards participants with a minimum of one year of ballet experience.
Elementary Ballet Barre Online
This level is designed for participants with a minimum of two years of ballet experience.
Intermediate Ballet Barre Online
This level is geared towards participants with a minimum of three years of consistent ballet training.
Advanced Ballet Barre Online
This level is designed for participants with a minimum of four years of consistent ballet training.
Studio 55+ Beginner Ballet Online
Designed for participants ages 55 and over, this class will provide a safe, welcoming and uplifting environment to learn safe and gentle ballet exercises.
Mat Pilates Online
Strengthen and tone your entire body, focusing on the core, with essential mat exercises. Dynamic and flowing movements help increase flexibility and joint mobility, enhance stability as well as improve body awareness. No previous dance experience necessary.
Full Body Barre Blast Online
A full body workout like no other. This online class combines barre exercises to strengthen and lengthen the lower body, with light weights and floor exercises to build strength in the upper body and core. No previous dance experience necessary.
How To Sign Up for an Online Class
- Sign up for a class by going to the link below. Please note, registration for each week will be available on the Friday prior. For example, classes for week of Saturday, April 18 – Friday, April 24 will only be available for registration on Friday, April 17.
- Make your payment by credit card and register for your desired class or classes. Please ensure you register by 30 minutes prior to the start of the class.
- Download Zoom to the device you will be streaming the class on. Make sure you can also receive your emails to this same device.
- You will receive an email receipt for your purchase. In your email receipt will be a link to the Zoom class. Ensure the email receipts from us do not go to your junk folder. An email with the Zoom link will also be sent to the class list 30 minutes prior to each class.
- Click the link a few minutes before your class starts. The instructor will admit you into class through Zoom (this may take a few minutes). Turn your camera on if you want to receive feedback from your instructor.
Sign Up For Online Classes
Tips for Success
- Make sure you have signed up for your desired class at least 30 minutes prior to the start of class.
- Make sure your electronic device is connected to the internet and download Zoom
- Fill up your water bottle and clear some space for yourself
- For all barre classes, ensure you have a chair or table to hold onto
- Position your electronic device far enough away from you for the instructor to see your full body
- Join the class by clicking the Zoom invite in your email receipt or the email sent 30 minutes prior to the class