Workshops are designed for children in grades four to six to provide an opportunity to explore movement as a means of communication and as an art form.
Taught by YOU dance Artist Educators the hour-long movement workshops provide a hands-on learning experience for both students and teachers. Resources are available to teachers to continue exploring dance as an art form and the various ways it can be used to enhance learning in the classroom.
Following the movement workshops, each class will attend a performance by Apprentices from The National Ballet of Canada held at the Betty Oliphant Theatre. Included in the performances will be movement sequences related to those demonstrated in the workshop.
- To encourage physical activity and imagination
- To introduce and reinforce the idea of dance as an art form and a means of physical, emotional and creative expression
- To provide a window into what it’s like to be a dancer
- To introduce students to the protocols of live performance
- To give students information that will allow them to become educated audience members