Arielle Miralles. Photo by Karolina Kuras.
Born: Buenos Aires, Argentina
Trained: Canada’s National Ballet School
Corps de Ballet since: 2022
Five Things to Know
- 1Arielle Miralles was born in Buenos Aires, Argentina and trained at Canada’s National Ballet School. She joined The National Ballet of Canada in 2019 as a RBC Apprentice.
- 2Arielle performed various roles as a student in The Nutcracker, including the lead role of Marie, a little lamb and a unicorn.
- 3One of Arielle’s favourite performance memories was travelling to Tokyo to perform in Tetsuya Kumakawa's Orchard Ballet Gala at the age of 16.
- 4Arielle likes spending time in the kitchen, whether it’s cooking a nice meal for friends and family or baking a cake. She considers it her happy place.
- 5When Arielle is not dancing, she is working towards a certificate in Business Management at the Toronto Metropolitan University.
- 2Playlist by William Forsythe
- 3Carmen by Roland Petit
- 4In The Night
Arielle Miralles was born in Buenos Aires, Argentina and trained at Canada’s National Ballet School. She joined The National Ballet of Canada as a RBC Apprentice in 2019 and was promoted to Corps de Ballet in 2022.
Most recently, Arielle danced in the world premiere of Wayne McGregor’s MADDADDAM and the Canadian premiere of Alonzo King’s The Collective Agreement. Arielle’s repertoire includes Swan Lake, The Sleeping Beauty, Romeo and Juliet, The Nutcracker, Cinderella, Giselle, A Streetcar Named Desire, Serenade, Elite Syncopations, Symphony in C, Concerto, Frame by Frame, Alleged Dances and Crepuscular.
In 2019, Arielle was the recipient of the Peter Dwyer Award and Erik Bruhn Memorial Award.
Ballet News+: 20 Questions With Arielle Miralles