David Preciado. Photo by Karolina Kuras.
Born: Los Angeles, California
Trained: Los Angeles Ballet Academy, San Francisco Ballet School
Joined as Corps de Ballet: 2022
Five Things to Know
- 1David danced with Charlotte Ballet from 2017 to 2022 before joining The National Ballet of Canada.
- 2While at Charlotte Ballet, David performed an extensive repertoire including works by Medhi Walerski, Peter Chu, Christian Spuck, Jerome Robbins, Val Caniparoli, Helen Pickett and Rena Butler.
- 3His favorite classical repertoire performed at Charlotte Ballet was the Cavalier in The Nutcracker and Bluebird in The Sleeping Beauty.
- 4David is of Mexican descent and is fluent in both English and Spanish.
- 5In his free time, David enjoys watching movies and spending time with his dog Daisy.
- 1The Vertiginous Thrill of Exactitude
- 2Fancy Free
- 3Petite Ceremonie by Medhi Walerski
- 4Don Quixote
- 5In the Upper Room
David Preciado was born in Los Angeles, California and trained at Los Angeles Ballet Academy and San Francisco Ballet School. David danced with Charlotte Ballet from 2017, before joining the National Ballet as a Corps de Ballet Member in 2022.
Most recently, David danced in the world premiere of Wayne McGregor’s MADDADDAM and his repertoire with the National Ballet includes The Nutcracker, Romeo and Juliet, Cinderella, Symphony in C, Concerto, Frame by Frame and Alleged Dances. While at Charlotte Ballet, David performed in works by Medhi Walerski, Peter Chu, Christian Spuck, Jerome Robbins, Val Caniparoli, Helen Pickett and Rena Butler.