Emerson Dayton. Photo by Karolina Kuras.
Born: Camp Hill, Pennsylvania
Trained: Central Pennsylvania Youth Ballet
Joined as Corps de Ballet: 2022
Five Things to Know
- 1Emerson was a member of Charlotte Ballet from 2020 to 2022. She has performed such featured roles as Sugar Plum Fairy in The Nutcracker and Princess Aurora in The Sleeping Beauty during her first season with Charlotte Ballet.
- 2In 2017, Emerson was offered a full scholarship to train with the San Francisco Ballet School.
- 3Emerson started her first ballet classes in a barn. She trained for 10 years at Central Pennsylvania Youth Ballet under the direction of Marcia Dale Weary.
- 4Emerson’s favourite role is Nora in Val Caniparoli’s Ibsen’s House.
- 5After working as a barista for three years, she has perfected her latte-making skills.
- 1Romeo and Juliet by John Cranko
- 2After the Rain
- 3Allegro Brillante
- 4Your Flesh Shall Be a Great Poem by Trey McIntyre
- 5Let’s Begin at The End by Dwight Rhoden
Emerson Dayton was born in Camp Hill, Pennsylvania and trained at Central Pennsylvania Youth Ballet. She was member of Charlotte Ballet from 2020 to 2022 and joined the National Ballet as a Corps de Ballet member in 2022.
Most recently, Emerson danced in the world premiere of Wayne McGregor’s MADDADDAM and the Canadian premiere of Alonzo King’s The Collective Agreement. Her repertoire with the National Ballet includes Blossom in Cinderella, The Nutcracker and Concerto. Some of her repertoire with Charlotte Ballet includes Sugar Plum Fairy in The Nutcracker and Princess Aurora in The Sleeping Beauty.
Most recently, Emerson competed in The International Competition for The Erik Bruhn Prize, representing The National Ballet of Canada.
Ballet News+: 20 Questions With Emerson Dayton