Jason Ferro. Photo by Karolina Kuras.
Born: Franklinville, New Jersey
Trained: San Francisco Ballet School
Corps de Ballet since: 2020
Five Things to Know
- Born in New Jersey, Jason completed his training at San Francisco Ballet School before joining The National Ballet of Canada as an RBC Apprentice in 2018. He became a member of the Corps de Ballet in 2020.
- 2As an Apprentice, he appeared in the 2018 North American premiere of John Neumeier’s Anna Karenina.
- 3Jason’s repertoire includes The Sleeping Beauty, The Nutcracker and the company premiere of Frederick Ashton’s Marguerite and Armand.
- He has performed two major works by Choreographic Associate Robert Binet, the world premiere of Orpheus Alive in 2019 and a restaging of The Dreamers Ever Leave You at Harbourfront Centre in 2020.
- Jason’s first year in the Corps de Ballet coincided with the COVID-19 pandemic. His participation in the virtual season included an appearance in the commissioned film of The Dreamers Ever Leave You directed by Ben Shirinian.
Jason Ferro was born in Franklinville, New Jersey and trained at San Francisco Ballet School. He joined The National Ballet of Canada as a RBC Apprentice in 2018 and became a member of the Corps de Ballet in 2020.
Recently, Jason debuted as Uncle Nikolai in The Nutcracker, Descendant Blackbeard in the world premiere of MADDADDAM by Wayne McGregor and Grant Munroe in Frame by Frame. His repertoire includes Swan Lake, The Sleeping Beauty, Romeo and Juliet, Cinderella, Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland, Anna Karenina, A Streetcar Named Desire, Angels’ Atlas, Concerto, Serenade, Elite Syncopations, Crepuscular, Alleged Dances, The Dreamers Ever Leave You, On Solid Ground, 4 for 5 and as seen from before.