Jason Ferro. Photo by Karolina Kuras.
Born: Franklinville, New Jersey
Trained: San Francisco Ballet School
Corps de Ballet since: 2020
Five Things to Know
- Born in New Jersey, Jason completed his training at San Francisco Ballet School before joining The National Ballet of Canada as an RBC Apprentice in 2018. He became a member of the Corps de Ballet in 2020.
- 2As an Apprentice, he appeared in the 2018 North American premiere of John Neumeier’s Anna Karenina.
- 3Jason’s repertoire includes The Sleeping Beauty, The Nutcracker and the company premiere of Frederick Ashton’s Marguerite and Armand.
- He has performed two major works by Choreographic Associate Robert Binet, the world premiere of Orpheus Alive in 2019 and a restaging of The Dreamers Ever Leave You at Harbourfront Centre in 2020.
- Jason’s first year in the Corps de Ballet coincided with the COVID-19 pandemic. His participation in the virtual season included an appearance in the commissioned film of The Dreamers Ever Leave You directed by Ben Shirinian.