Shaelynn Estrada. Photo by Karolina Kuras.
Born: Nacogdoches, Texas
Trained: Ellison Ballet Professional Training Program in New York City, New York and The Rock School for Dance Education Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Joined as Corps de Ballet: 2019
Five Things to Know
- Born in Texas, Shaelynn danced with Houston Ballet before joining The National Ballet of Canada, where her repertoire includes Romeo and Juliet.
- With Houston Ballet, she performed in Swan Lake, The Nutcracker, The Ladies, Don Quixote, The Merry Widow, Coppelia, Symphony in C, Mayerling, Marie, Sylvia and Bolero.
- As a student, Shaelynn participated in several international dance competitions. In 2017, she received the Grand Prix Award at ADC/IBC and placed first in Senior Contemporary at the Youth America Grand Prix Boston semi-final.
- She travelled to France in 2015 to participate in Paris Opéra Ballet’s Summer Intensive Programme.
- Shaelynn is a fan of Riot Grrrl music and bands such as The Breeders, Bikini Kill, Sleater-Kinney, The Regrettes and Patti Smith.
Shaelynn Estrada was born in Nacogdoches, Texas and trained at Ellison Ballet Professional Training Program in New York City, New York and The Rock School for Dance Education in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Shaelynn danced with Houston Ballet before joining The National Ballet of Canada as a member of the Corps de Ballet in 2019.
Most recently, Shaelynn danced in the Canadian premieres of David Dawson’s Anima Animus and Alonzo King’s The Collective Agreement. Her repertoire includes Swan Lake, The Nutcracker, Cinderella, The Sleeping Beauty, Romeo and Juliet, Giselle, A Streetcar Named Desire, Angels’ Atlas, Serenade, Elite Syncopations and Concerto.
In 2017, Shaelynn was awarded the Grand Prix Award at ADC/IBC and placed first in senior contemporary and second in senior classical at Youth American Grand Prix (YGAP) Boston semi-final. She also placed second in senior classical at YGAP Philadelphia semi-final in 2016.