Audience and Donor Services
The National Ballet of Canada, Canada’s premiere dance company and one of the world’s top international dance companies, is looking for committed and enthusiastic permanent part-time staff to work in the Call Centre and on-site Box Office. The Sales Representatives will be primarily responsible for making outbound phone sales calls, with a focus on subscription and donation acquisition and renewal campaigns but will also be responsible for inbound calls and enhancing the overall customer/donor focus experience. Candidates must be available to work during the months of September to December, and February through June.
If you are looking for work in support of the performing arts, with competitive compensation, and if you’re eager to learn from some of the industry’s most accomplished box office professionals, this opportunity is for you! The position will be based out of the Walter Carsen Centre, the home of The National Ballet of Canada. You will enjoy 2 complimentary tickets per season of performances throughout the year at the Four Seasons Centre.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Responsible for outbound phone sales: subscription and donation acquisition and renewal
- Completing sales and pledge forms accurately
- Capable of providing excellent customer service with flexibility between inbound and outbound calls
- Staying informed and knowledgeable in all aspects of The National Ballet of Canada including repertoire, membership, policies and procedures
- Assist with patron inquiries and resolve any issues with professionalism
- Maintain a professional attitude and appearance while representing The National Ballet of Canada
- A minimum of 1-2 years experience in delivering a high level of customer service
- Sales experience is an asset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Professional interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail is critical
- Able to take initiative, learn quickly and adapt to changing demands
- Knowledge of Tessitura Ticketing Software, an asset
- A passion for the performing arts
Work hours requirements:
- Must be available to work during the months of September – December, February – June.
- Mondays through Thursdays – 4:00pm to 8:30pm, Fridays – 4:00pm to 8:00pm
- Occasional Saturday shifts as required
- Work hours on average will be 20 to 23 hours a week and reduced hours in January, July and August.
Qualified candidates should forward their resume and cover letter to HR@national.ballet.ca with the subject heading: “Sales Representative " by no later than August 13, 2019. Resumes will be reviewed as soon as they are received. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Successful candidate will be subject to a criminal background check.
The National Ballet of Canada is committed to ensuring that our community reflects the extraordinary diversity of the City of Toronto on stage, behind the scenes, in our audiences and in the board room. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
The National Ballet of Canada is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). The Human Resources department will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.