The National Ballet of Canada, Canada’s premiere dance company and one of the world’s top international dance companies, is looking for committed and enthusiastic part-time staff to work in the Call Centre and on-site Box Office.
Audience & Donor Services is a central processing department, with a focus on providing exceptional service to all patrons and internal departments of The National Ballet of Canada. The services provided include, but are not limited to, ticketing for both single tickets and subscription sales, inbound and outbound calls, donations, member event RSVP, database maintenance, In Studio classes, response to all general inquiries, and reception coverage. The successful candidate thrives in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Responsible for inbound phone sales: processing ticket sales, In Studio classes, outbound membership and subscription renewal calling, as well as answering general inquiries, email correspondence, and reception coverage
- Complete in-person transactions and provide patron services, representing The National Ballet of Canada at the Four Seasons Centre for the Performing Arts
- Administer Outbound membership renewal calls, as required
- Stay informed and knowledgeable in all aspects of The National Ballet of Canada including repertoire, events, membership, In Studio, policies and procedures
- Assist with patron inquiries and resolve any issues with professionalism
- Provide administrative support to the management team and assist with related processing, database maintenance and administrative tasks
- Maintain a professional attitude and appearance while representing The National Ballet of Canada
- Required to stay current with legislative training, as it pertains to customer service (ie. AODA, Ontario Health and Safety Act)
- A minimum of 1-2 years experience in delivering a high level of customer service
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Professional interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
- Able to take initiative, learn quickly and adapt to changing demands
- Knowledge of Tessitura Ticketing Software, an asset
- A passion for the performing arts
- Required to work day, evening, and weekend shifts as required
- Ability to work a minimum of 12 hours per week
This is a unionized position with starting pay at $17.00 per hour.
Qualified candidates are to forward their resume and cover letter as a single PDF document to HR@national.ballet.ca with the subject heading: "ADS Representative" by no later than October 15, 2021. Resumes will be reviewed as soon as they are received. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Successful candidates will be subject to a criminal background check. This position offers competitive compensation and benefits package commensurate with experience.
The National Ballet of Canada is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible, and equitable environment where employees feel valued and respected. We are committed to reflect the diversity of our community, our city and our country. We strive to ensure our recruitment and selection processes are bias-free. We welcome and encourage submissions from Indigenous, Black and People of Colour, the Deaf and disabled as well as individuals of all genders, cultures, ethnicities, sexual orientations, and abilities. We are committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). The Human Resources department will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.