ADS Sales Representative
The National Ballet of Canada is one of the most exciting, innovative arts institutions in Canada, and is regularly ranked among the top ten ballet companies in the world. Established by founder Celia Franca in 1951, The National Ballet of Canada presents a full range of traditional full-length classics and has been an innovative commissioner of new contemporary work by some of the most important choreographers and designers in the world. The National Ballet is deeply committed to the values of equity, diversity and inclusion across the organization, and through community education programs that bring dance to the broadest possible community.
The National Ballet of Canada is looking for committed and enthusiastic permanent part-time staff to work in the Call Centre and on-site Box Office within the Audience & Donor Services (ADS) Department.
The Sales Representatives will be primarily responsible for making outbound phone sales calls, with a focus on donation and subscription acquisition and renewal campaigns. The role will also be responsible for inbound calls and enhancing the overall customer and donor focus experience.
If you are looking for work in support of the performing arts, with competitive compensation, and if you’re eager to learn from some of the industry’s most accomplished box office professionals, this opportunity is for you!
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Responsible for outbound phone sales which include donation and subscription sales for acquisition, renewal, and auxiliary campaigns
- Completing sales and pledge forms accurately
- Capable of providing excellent customer service with flexibility between inbound and outbound calls
- Staying informed and knowledgeable in all aspects of The National Ballet of Canada including repertoire, membership, policies and procedures
- Assist with patron inquiries and resolve any issues with professionalism
- Maintain a professional attitude and appearance while representing The National Ballet of Canada
- A minimum of 1-2 years experience in delivering a high level of customer service
- Sales experience is considered an asset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Professional interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail is critical
- Able to take initiative, learn quickly and adapt to changing demands
- Knowledge of Tessitura Ticketing Software is an asset
- A passion for the performing arts
- Mondays through Fridays 3:00pm or 4:00pm - 8:00pm
- Occasional Saturday shift from 11:00am - 3:00pm as required
- Staff will be scheduled to work onsite at the Walter Carsen Centre
- Staff may also be scheduled to work in the box office at the Four Seasons Centre for the Performing Arts as required
This is a unionized position with starting pay at $17.18 per hour plus commission. The position will also be entitled complimentary performance tickets.
Qualified candidates are to forward their resume and cover letter as a single PDF document to HR@national.ballet.ca with the subject heading: "ADS Sales Representative" by no later than August 31, 2022. Resumes will be reviewed as soon as they are received. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Successful candidates will be subject to a criminal background check. The National Ballet of Canada recognizes its heightened duty to protect employees from health and safety risks during the current pandemic. As such, an offer of employment shall be conditional on proof of full COVID-19 vaccination with a vaccine series approved by Health Canada or the World Health Organization.
The National Ballet of Canada is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible, and equitable environment where employees feel valued and respected. We are committed to reflect the diversity of our community, our city and our country. We strive to ensure our recruitment and selection processes are bias-free. We welcome and encourage submissions from Indigenous, Black and People of Colour, the Deaf and disabled as well as individuals of all genders, cultures, ethnicities, sexual orientations, and abilities. We are committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). The Human Resources department will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.