Assistant Sales Operations Manager
The National Ballet of Canada, Canada's premiere ballet company and one of the world's top international dance companies, is looking for a highly engaged Assistant Sales Operations Manager to join our dynamic Audience and Donor Services (ADS) department.
Under the leadership of Karen Kain, the company is experiencing an unprecedented level of artistic excellence, attracting some of the world’s most sought-after choreographers, mounting spectacular new productions, and touring to the most important dance centres in North America and abroad.
Serving as the centralized processing body, (ADS) is the front-line contact that provides exemplary service to patrons, assists other departments as well as providing support to the Management team of the National Ballet of Canada. The Assistant Sales Operations Manager is responsible for supporting the management of the acquisition and renewal calling campaigns for both Membership and Subscription.
General Responsibilities Include:
- Support the initiatives of the Communication and Development departments
- Lead Tessitura database administrator, per outbound calling campaign
- Prepare outbound calling extraction lists within Tessitura database
- Assist In the management of a secondary call centre
- Monitor call centre phone logs and reports to ensure maximum caller efficiency
- Ensure reports are accurate as per outbound calling campaigns
- Participate in the execution of daily lead pooling
- Monitor and track regular and school group sales
- Ensure all training modules are accurate and up to date
- Assist in the execution of caller training on internal lead management application
- Provide sales coaching in upselling and donation asks as required
- Assist in the execution of staff engagement sessions, team building initiatives and communications practice standards
- Theatre duty management as required
- Support day to day operational tasks as required
- Maintain the highest level of customer service ensuring part-time staff are well-trained, well-informed and courteous
- Support the hiring, training, supervision and evaluation of part-time staff
- Provides leadership for the part-time staff and uses strategic problem-solving skills to assist with escalated issues to ensure the best possible outcome for the patron
- Other duties as required
- University or college degree, with at least 1-2 years’ experience in a supervisory role
- Extensive ticketing database knowledge, with a strong preference given to those with Tessitura ticketing software knowledge
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365 with advanced skills in Excel and Word
- Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to successfully delegate tasks, and hold a positive attitude
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment where attention to detail and organizational skills are paramount
- Excellent organizational skills including adaptable time management and prioritization of deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Must hold exceptional communication and customer service skills
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing demands, take initiative, and work independently and within a team
- Experience in an arts organization or not for profit considered an asset
- Position requires evening and weekend work during performance seasons and light physical activity
Resumes will be reviewed as they are received. Qualified candidates should forward their resume and salary expectations to HR@national.ballet.ca with the subject heading “Assistant Sales Operations Manager” by no later than April 19, 2019. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Successful candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.
The National Ballet of Canada is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). The Human Resources department will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.