Associate, Development Communications
Are you passionate about the arts? This is an excellent opportunity to put your strong communications skills to work for our Development department, enhancing the donor experience through a variety of materials.
The National Ballet of Canada, Canada's premier dance company and one of the world's top international dance companies, is looking for a dynamic, creative, and passionate communications specialist. The ideal candidate is a hard worker, with high standards who enjoys a fast-paced environment.
Reporting to the Senior Development Manager, Communications, the Associate position provides key support to the Development Department on a team dedicated to engaging with donors with a customer centric focus. This position focuses on production of materials, ensuring donor and sponsor recognition, the creation of effective proposals and reports, and generating content for all media.
Major Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Managing the production schedule of Development print materials such as brochures, donor newsletters, direct mail and annual reports by circulating copy, gaining necessary approvals and liaising with the in-house designer and external vendors
- Collecting information in order to create compelling proposals, including corporate, foundation and major gifts proposals, and producing reports for corporate and gala sponsors, foundations and major gift donors
- Ensuring that all sponsors and donors are properly acknowledged in National Ballet materials, including the collection of sponsor logos, the production of inserts and signage, and the assembly of recognition packages
- Overseeing Development’s needs for event photography, including liaising with photographers and organizing and archiving photos
- Managing the department’s presence at the Four Seasons Centre for the Performing Arts during National Ballet performances, galas and donor events
- University degree or equivalent in English or Communications
- Minumum 2 years professional experience, preferably in a not-for-profit and/or performing arts environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with impeccable attention to detail
- Highly organized, with ability to manage multiple projects, often for multiple stakeholders, within tight deadlines
- Familiarity with project management software and design programs an asset
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
Qualified candidates are to forward their resume, cover letter and salary expectations to HR@national.ballet.ca with the subject heading: "Associate, Development Communications" no later than December 20, 2019. Resumes will be reviewed as soon as they are received. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Successful candidates will be subject to a criminal background check. This position offers competitive compensation and benefits package commensurate with experience.
The National Ballet of Canada is committed to ensuring that our community reflects the extraordinary diversity of the City of Toronto on stage, behind the scenes, in our audiences and in the board room. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
The National Ballet of Canada is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). The Human Resources department will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.