The National Ballet of Canada is one of the most exciting, innovative arts institutions in Canada, and is regularly ranked among the top ten ballet companies in the world. Established by founder Celia Franca in 1951, The National Ballet of Canada presents a full range of traditional full-length classics and has been an innovative commissioner of new contemporary work by some of the most important choreographers and designers in the world. The National Ballet is deeply committed to the values of equity, diversity and inclusion across the organization, and through community education programs that bring dance to the broadest possible community.
The Communications Coordinator will assist the communications and content creation team in implementing a strategic communications plan to promote the company’s activities and artists as well as interest in the artform of ballet.
- General Responsibilities Include:
- Assist in the creation and distribution of materials, including media releases, listings, photo ops, invites, credit pages, bios, video slates, interview memos and content for social media.
- Assist in managing photo and video database, including organizing approvals, ordering and inputting.
- Assist in coordinating announcements, opening, events, video and photo shoots and interviews, and key National Ballet initiatives.
- Implement web updates.
- Track media coverage, mount and post daily clippings and prepare media summary report.
- Assist Senior Manager of Communications and Officer, Communications and Media Relations as required.
- General administrative duties.
- Minimum one year of experience in public relations or communications.
- Degree in Public Relations or Communications.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills with strong attention to detail.
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude.
- Team Player, able to multi-task and produce under high pressure situations.
- Creative and strategic thinker with the ability to consistently deliver new ideas.
- Strong computer skills with exposure to photoshop and HTML considered an asset.
- A passion and love for the performing arts.
Employees currently working from home offices will continue to do so until Fall 2021.
Qualified candidates are to forward their resume, cover letter and salary expectations to HR@national.ballet.ca with the subject heading: "Communications Coordinator" by no later than April 16, 2021. Resumes will be reviewed as soon as they are received. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Successful candidates will be subject to a criminal background check. This position offers competitive compensation and benefits package commensurate with experience.
The National Ballet of Canada is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible, and equitable environment where employees feel valued and respected. We are committed to reflect the diversity of our community, our city and our country. We strive to ensure our recruitment and selection processes are bias-free. We welcome and encourage submissions from Indigenous, Black and People of Colour, the Deaf and disabled as well as individuals of all genders, cultures, ethnicities, sexual orientations, and abilities. We are committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). The Human Resources department will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.