Coordinator, Special Events
The National Ballet of Canada, Canada's premier dance company and one of the world's top international dance companies is looking for an energetic and motivated Coordinator, Special Events.
The Special Events Coordinator is responsible for assisting and supporting the Manager, Special Events toward the planning and execution of all events for the Company including donor stewardship events, in addition to providing full support for the annual fundraising Gala. The ideal candidate is hard working, reliable and willing to go above and beyond to provide superior donor event experiences.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- On-site coordination of donor events for various programs including but not limited to Friend’s Corps and Patron Council events.
- Assist the Manager, Special Events in the planning and execution of the annual fundraising gala through various tasks including logistics for the general reception, food and beverage, database maintenance, mailings, volunteer management and other administrative tasks as assigned
- Assist with general administration for the events department including event set up and tear down
- Responsible for internal company and staff events such as company BBQ, holiday party etc.
- Other administrative tasks and responsibilities as required
- Post-secondary education in event management, fundraising, hospitality, or related field
- 1-2 years special events experience, preferably within a not for profit
- Must have Smart Serve training, first aid/CPR an asset
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Publisher) and experience with databases (Tessitura) considered an asset
- Understanding and appreciation for the arts and fundraising within the City of Toronto, considered an asset
- Highly organized, with ability to manage a variety of tasks with multiple deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Polished, with the ability to interact with donors with sophistication
- Self-motivated and resourceful
- Office environment and performance venue
- Evening and weekend work as required
- Occasional moderate to heavy physical activity. Ability to lift up to 30 lbs. for setup and tear down of events
Qualified candidates should forward their resume and salary expectations to HR@national.ballet.ca with the subject: "Coordinator, Special Events" by no later than March 2, 2018. Resume will be reviewed as soon as they are received. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Successful candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.
The National Ballet of Canada is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). The Human Resources department will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.