The National Ballet of Canada is one of the most exciting, innovative arts institutions in Canada, and is regularly ranked among the top ten ballet companies in the world. Established by founder Celia Franca in 1951, The National Ballet of Canada presents a full range of traditional full-length classics and has been an innovative commissioner of new contemporary work by some of the most important choreographers and designers in the world. The National Ballet is deeply committed to the values of equity, diversity and inclusion across the organization, and through community education programs that bring dance to the broadest possible community.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Development Operations, the Data Analyst will turn data into information, information into insight and insight into business decisions. A key role in the company’s Patron Journey strategy, this position is responsible for developing systems to track patron data and engagement patterns, ensure the quality and accuracy of the data, then interpret, design and present on the results. The Data Analyst will work closely with members of both the Marketing and Fundraising teams to support initiatives for patron acquisition, retention and engagement across all platforms.
General Responsibilities Include:
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing statistical, financial, and ad-hoc reports as needed
- Identify, analyze and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Provide analysis and insights into patron behaviour with a focus on segmentation of patron profiles
- Track and analyze performance of direct mail, email, social media and digital campaigns for tickets sales, subscriptions, and fundraising efforts
- Work closely with the Marketing Manager to determine sales forecasts for single tickets and subscriptions
- Acquire data from primary and secondary sources
- Manage patron survey data collection and analysis of results
- Attend Marketing and Fundraising department meetings to stay abreast of new and upcoming projects and provide ongoing reports
- Collaborate with IT and Software Application Services departments to optimize use of reporting systems
- Provide technical expertise on data mining and data health
- Stay current on sales reporting and research trends
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities
- 3-5 years of working experience with a strong focus on analytics, sales projections, data mining and budgeting
- University degree in Business Administration, Information Management, Statistics or equivalent
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills and a high aptitude for problem solving with an interest in understanding customer behaviour
- Dynamic organizational skills with the ability to prioritize, identify critical issues, anticipate project needs and workloads
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to convey complex concepts, a polished and professional approach when presenting findings
- Experience in digital and e-communication analytics
- Ability to work within an integrated and team-oriented environment
- Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Excel (Data, Power Query, Tables & Formatting, Advanced Charting, Pivot Tables & Pivot Reporting, and VBA & Macros) is a must
- High proficiency in other Microsoft Office applications an asset
- Knowledge of web analytics tools including Google Analytics
- Strong preference will be given toward knowledge of Tessitura CRM software
- Experience in the Arts & Culture environment an asset
Qualified candidates are to forward their resume, cover letter and salary expectations to HR@national.ballet.ca with the subject heading: "Data Analyst" by no later than January 31, 2020. Resumes will be reviewed as soon as they are received. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Successful candidates will be subject to a criminal background check. This position offers competitive compensation and benefits package commensurate with experience.
Candidates will be required to complete an Excel test as part of the interview and selection process.
The National Ballet of Canada is committed to ensuring that our community reflects the extraordinary diversity of the City of Toronto on stage, behind the scenes, in our audiences and in the board room. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
The National Ballet of Canada is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). The Human Resources department will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.