The National Ballet of Canada is one of the most exciting, innovative arts institutions in Canada, and is regularly ranked among the top ten ballet companies in the world. Established by founder Celia Franca in 1951, The National Ballet of Canada presents a full range of traditional full-length classics and has been an innovative commissioner of new contemporary work by some of the most important choreographers and designers in the world. The National Ballet is deeply committed to the values of equity, diversity and inclusion across the organization, and through community education programs that bring dance to the broadest possible community.
Reporting to the Marketing Manager, the Data Analyst provides in-depth analysis on all marketing campaigns for each season as well as individual productions. A key role in the company’s patron journey strategy, this position is responsible for tracking patron data and engagement patterns, providing measurement of results as well as detailed data analysis, research and reporting using Tessitura. The Data Analyst will work closely with members the development team to support initiatives for patron acquisition, retention and engagement.
General Responsibilities Include:
- Provide analysis and insights into patron behaviour with a focus on segmentation of patron profiles
- Track, analyze and forecast sales for single tickets and subscriptions
- Track and analyze performance of direct mail, email, social media and digital campaigns
- Develop financial, statistical and ad-hoc reports as needed
- Measure results from various sales channels
- Manage email list segmentation
- Monitor and analyze website engagement
- Build and design patron surveys, manage data collection and analysis of survey results
- Collaborate with IT department to optimize use of Tessitura reporting systems within marketing department
- Stay current on sales reporting and research trends
- Make recommendations about new areas of research or analysis and develop methodology to collect and analyze
- University degree in marketing, business administration, data analytics or equivalent
- 3-5 years of marketing experience with a strong focus on analytics, sales projections, data mining and budgeting
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office applications especially Microsoft Excel and other Business Intelligence and Data Visualization tools an asset
- Advance knowledge of web analytics tools including Google Analytics
- Strong SQL Database Skills an asset
- Strong preference will be given toward knowledge of Tessitura
- Experience in digital and eComm analytics
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills and a high aptitude for problem solving with an interest in understanding customer behaviour
- Dynamic organizational skills with the ability to prioritize, identify critical issues, anticipate project needs and workloads
- Exceptional attention to detail; comfortable multi-tasking to produce high-quality work on tight deadlines, all with good cheer
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to convey complex concepts, a polished and professional approach in presenting sales and campaign information
- Hands-on attitude and willingness to pitch in wherever is needed; comfortable working extended hours when workload demands, proactive and collaborative
- Familiarity with Toronto’s performing arts landscape considered a strong asset
Qualified candidates are to forward their resume, cover letter and salary expectations to HR@national.ballet.ca with the subject heading: "Data Analyst" by no later than November 15, 2019. Resumes will be reviewed as soon as they are received. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Successful candidates will be subject to a criminal background check. This position offers competitive compensation and benefits package commensurate with experience.
Candidates will be required to complete an Excel test as part of the interview and selection process.
The National Ballet of Canada is committed to ensuring that our community reflects the extraordinary diversity of the City of Toronto on stage, behind the scenes, in our audiences and in the board room. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
The National Ballet of Canada is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). The Human Resources department will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.