Executive Assistant to the Director of Development (Contract)
With a passionate commitment to excellence, The National Ballet of Canada is among the finest dance companies in the world and has been recognized as one of Canada’s top employers. The company raises over $12 million annually towards Artistic Director Karen Kain’s bold vision for artistic excellence, new production, international touring, and education. Currently, the National Ballet is in the final stage of a $100 million campaign in support of these priorities while also building one of the largest dance endowments in North America. At the heart of this growth is our generous community of donors and a dedicated staff and volunteer team.
The National Ballet of Canada is looking for an exceptionally motivated and enthusiastic Executive Assistant to the Director of Development. This is a short-term contract running from Mid-February to the end of June 2019, with the possibility of extension.
The ideal candidate has experience providing high level administrative support, is proactive and extremely organized.
General Responsibilities Include:
- Provide day-to-day administrative support to the Director including handling multiple donor correspondence, proofing communications materials, travel planning, and preparing materials for meetings, organizing files and other related tasks
- Calendar Management for the Director
- Review Director’s emails and voicemails to flag priority tasks requiring action on a daily basis
- Meet with Director every week to review priorities
- Review, draft and ensure timely responses to donor/patron correspondence including assisting with letter contents
- Update Tessitura with donor prospect moves and prepare follow ups to meetings as well as attach correspondence to appropriate files
- In conjunction with the Associate Director, Major Gifts and the Individual Giving team, assist with prospecting and donor relations to ensure a plan for stewardship is executed throughout the year for the Director’s portfolio
- Organize and attend Development Committee meetings, overseeing minutes for approval and distribution
- Act as a liaison for the Volunteer Committee, attend meetings, organize dress rehearsals and events, draft invitations and correspondence and liaise with Committee President and Secretary
- Other Duties as required
- University degree or equivalent
- At least five (5) years of experience in an administrative role
- Exceptional interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize work, handling multiple projects at one time with a high degree of efficiency, thorough attention to detail, poise and patience
- Ability to take initiative and demonstrate a flexible approach in responding to needs as they arise
- Able to exercise discretion and tact with sensitive and confidential situations
- Ability to work independently or as a member of the team, with minimal supervision
- Excellent computer skills and a proficiency in working with a database (Tessitura preferred)
- Experience with Excel, PowerPoint, TeamGantt, and SharePoint considered an asset
Qualified candidates should forward their resume, cover letter, and salary expectations to HR@national.ballet.ca with the subject heading: "Executive Assistant, Development (contract) " by no later than February 4, 2019. Resumes will be reviewed as soon as they are received. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Successful candidate will be subject to a criminal background check.
The National Ballet of Canada is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). The Human Resources department will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.