The HR Associate will support the development, coordination and implementation of various HR initiatives and programs focusing primarily on recruitment support, onboarding, attendance management, employee recognition, policy research and writing, health and safety and will provide general administrative support to the HR Manager. The HR Associate is approachable, strives for process improvement and a solution oriented professional. Among the HR Associate’s major deliverables will be successfully managing the transition of existing personnel files to the electronic ADP Workforce Now® HRIS system.
- Build and maintain HR’s SharePoint Intranet site and news feed, upload forms, policies, links, and documents as required and communicate updates accordingly
- Participate in recruitment searches, generate postings, shortlist resumes, schedule interviews and conduct reference and background checks. Lead contact for all internship opportunities
- Coordinate onboarding and orientation of new employees, prepares employee packages, implements “buddy-program” to ensure successful integration of all new hires
- Act as main point of contact for all matters related to ADP Workforce Now®: generate reports, attendance management and maintain employee information including the input of new hires and historical HR data
- Stay up to date with legislative changes and update company policies and handbooks as needed
- Maintain, assign and track all required legislative training for all employees
- Assist with ongoing HR programs and initiatives such as pension administration and communication, performance management tracking, employee engagement, long service awards and peer to peer recognition programs
- Produces and analyzes various reports, including engagement surveys and organizational metrics related to headcount, turnover, employee demographics and recruitment, by consolidating data from different platforms into meaningful presentations
- Maintain, write and review job descriptions and input through job evaluation model for pay equity purposes
- Record Health and Safety meeting minutes, conduct workplace inspections, notice board and MSDS maintenance, and track employee training such as WHMIS, First Aid and CPR
- Employee file maintenance, invoice coding, creating employee IDs, reception coverage and other duties as required
- Post secondary degree / diploma / certificate specializing in Human Resources Management
- 2-3 years minimum HR experience, CHRP designation preferred
- Working knowledge of Ontario’s employment legislation including the Employment Standards Act, Human Rights Code and the Occupational Health & Safety Act
- Working knowledge of Workforce Now (ADP) or an equivalent HR Information System (HRIS) and in-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to write job descriptions and HR policies, etc.
- Exceptional attention to detail and committed to a high degree of accuracy, with a keen sense of time management
- Superior interpersonal skills with the ability to maintain professional boundaries and confidentiality and approach issues with objectivity, diplomacy and sensitivity
- Embrace continuous improvement by proposing new and/or better ways of doing things, ability to think proactively and independently
- Passion for the performing arts and/or exposure to non-profit sector is an asset.
Qualified candidates should forward their resume, cover letter and salary expectations to HR@national.ballet.ca with the subject heading: "HR Associate " by no later than November 26, 2018. Resumes will be reviewed as soon as they are received. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Successful candidate will be subject to a criminal background check.
The National Ballet of Canada is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). The Human Resources department will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.