The National Ballet of Canada, Canada's premier dance company and one of the world's top international dance companies, is looking for a dynamic ITS - Intern to join the Information Technology team.
Reporting to the Manager, Technology, the successful candidate will assist in the operation and maintenance of computing and telecommunication facilities, equipment and services that meet the needs of The National Ballet of Canada. Qualified candidates must be familiar with troubleshooting network connectivity and demonstrate a basic understanding of Windows Active Directory domain in a multi-server environment. Position requires extensive interaction with the end users. Proven exceptional verbal and written skills are a requirement.
General Responsibilities Include:
- Respond to Level 1 technical support incidents and change requests
- Support Staff and Dancers (connectivity, Cell Phones, iPad, Printers, etc.)
- Maintain inventory of equipment and supplies
- Place service calls and coordinate toner replacement and recycling program
- Perform troubleshooting procedures and solve minor technical problems on computer hardware equipment, software, computer devices, components, network devices, and network connectivity. This includes, but is not limited to, MS Windows Desktop, laptops, thin clients, scanners, printers, servers, MS Office products and Office 365
- Create and maintain network accounts using Active Directory
- Process and manage customers’ request using the Zendesk Ticketing system
- Escalate unresolved issues or arrange for external technical support when problems cannot be resolved in-house
- Post Secondary Education in Computer Science or related field
- Minimum 1 year of troubleshooting experience with hardware and software is desired
- Working towards PMP, CCNA and MCSA certifications, an asset
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills required
- Strong interpersonal/relationship skills, collaborative team player
- Ability to adjust to changing environment and effectively prioritize multiple tasks with minimal supervision
- Ability to organize work and be efficient and effective, making the best use of resources within an established framework of time
- Active Directory experience is desired
- Ability to image PCs, configure Outlook, manage Unified Communications (Avaya VOIP) and troubleshoot user issues
- Familiarity with Virtualization Technologies (Hyper-V or VMware)
- Work directly with 3rd party support company
Qualified candidates are to forward their resume and cover letter to HR@national.ballet.ca with the subject heading: "ITS Intern" by no later than February 28, 2020. Resumes will be reviewed as soon as they are received. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Successful candidates will be subject to a criminal background check. This position offers competitive compensation and benefits package commensurate with experience.
The National Ballet of Canada is committed to ensuring that our community reflects the extraordinary diversity of the City of Toronto on stage, behind the scenes, in our audiences and in the board room. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
The National Ballet of Canada is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). The Human Resources department will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.