Junior Graphic Designer
The National Ballet of Canada, Canada's premiere dance company and one of the world's top international dance companies, is looking for a dynamic and enthusiastic part-time (3 days/week) Junior Graphic Designer for a contract to the end of December 2019 (with the possibility of extension). Our ideal candidate has a passion for excellent design, strong knowledge in graphic design programs and is flexible, organized, detail oriented and an excellent communicator.
Reporting to the Manager, Graphic Design, the successful candidate will design materials for the Communications and Development departments for both print (brochures, pamphlets, newsletters, marketing collateral, company literature and presentations, advertisements and publicity, tradeshow materials, proposals and theatre signage) and online communications (ads, e-newsletters and promos, web banners).
The Junior Graphic Designer will help to create an outstanding brand experience and engage our audiences through targeted, thoughtful collateral that achieves the goals set out in our campaign briefs.
Major Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Working with the Manager, Graphic Design to execute marketing and fundraising print and digital communications from concept to final production
- Ensuring all marketing materials meet corporate branding and graphic standards
- Assisting the web and digital team on creation of e-communications
- Retouching, cropping and resizing images for print, web and email usage
- Organizing and maintaining the server filing system, tear sheets and design archive
- Obtaining production pricing and quotes
- Coordinating production of print materials as needed with approved suppliers
- Creating production quality, print ready files
- University degree, college diploma or equivalent, preferably in art or design
- 3 + years professional experience working in design, layout, typography, etc. for direct marketing, advertising design and corporate branding.
- Strong knowledge of and proficiency in Adobe Creative CC (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator), Microsoft Office and Sharepoint
- Print production experience including knowledge of file formats, digital and offset processes
- Ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines
- Exceptional eye for detail and strong organizational skills
- Experience with HTML, photo retouching, GIF creation, email marketing best practices and web design.
- An interest in ballet is an asset
Qualified candidates should forward their resume, cover letter, and portfolio along with their salary expectations to HR@national.ballet.ca with the subject heading: “Junior Graphic Designer " by no later than July 12, 2019. Resumes will be reviewed as soon as they are received. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Successful candidate will be subject to a criminal background check.
The National Ballet of Canada is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). The Human Resources department will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.