The National Ballet of Canada is one of the most exciting, innovative arts institutions in Canada, and is regularly ranked among the top ten ballet companies in the world. Established by founder Celia Franca in 1951, The National Ballet of Canada presents a full range of traditional full-length classics and has been an innovative commissioner of new contemporary work by some of the most important choreographers and designers in the world. The National Ballet is deeply committed to the values of equity, diversity and inclusion across the organization, and through community education programs that bring dance to the broadest possible community.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing and Communications, the Marketing Manager leads the department’s Customer Relationship Management (CRM) initiatives, creates budget projections, and develops strategic initiatives to achieve sales targets through patron acquisition, retention and engagement. This position is responsible for the planning and execution of marketing campaigns to promote both single ticket and subscription sales. The Marketing Manager is responsible producing compelling marketing collateral and manages vendor relationships and the production timeline. A key role in the National Ballet’s mission to build new audiences and retain and engage existing patrons, the Marketing Manager ensures brand awareness and integrity through authentic communication. Other responsibilities include managing the Data Analyst and liaising with Four Seasons Centre staff.
- Plan and implement marketing initiatives to target new and existing audiences to achieve sales, admission and audience development targets through single ticket and subscription campaigns
- Design, implement and support the National Ballet’s CRM strategy
- Develop and execute institutional and seasonal marketing strategies
- Create budget projections and manage marketing expense budgets
- Manage various revenue management strategies including demand-based pricing
- Organize and implement all direct marketing campaigns including direct mail, out of home, digital display and social
- Manage production calendar and timelines for all marketing campaigns
- Create marketing collateral for campaigns ensuring patrons are receiving the right message at the right time across multiple channels, including annual subscriptions campaigns
- Work closely with the Manager, Graphic Designer to create compelling content to support marketing initiatives
- Assist in the development of new product offerings
- Manage external vendors such as printers and media agencies
- Utilize digital sales/promo channels to maximum effectiveness, maintain awareness of latest developments and analyze results
- Analyze Marketing and advertising trends to continuously cultivate new initiatives and ideas
- Work closely with leadership on building retention and engagement strategies for DanceBreak and In Studio programming
- Manage marketing budgets and provide regular reporting on income and expenses
- Ensure accuracy of all sales reporting
- University degree in marketing, business administration or other related fields
- Minimum of five (5)+ years experience in sales and marketing, including some managerial experience preferred
- Hold strong budget management skills and reporting
- Sound knowledge of CRM principles, strategies and ideologies around acquisition, conversion, loyalty, engagement and retention models
- Solid understanding of traditional and emerging marketing channels
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel and Google Analytics.
- Strong preference will be given for familiarity with CRM (Tessitura) and email marketing systems (Wordfly)
- Ability to develop new ideas, strategies, and content relevant to the arts
- Exceptional attention to detail; comfortable multi-tasking to produce high-quality work on tight deadlines, all with good cheer Strong sense of professionalism, excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated capacity to be highly organized, determine workloads, set priorities, identify critical issues and complete tasks within specified timeframes
- Demonstrated active listening skills and positive attitude
- Ability to work under pressure and possess hands-on attitude; comfortable working extended hours when workload demands, proactive and collaborative
- Familiarity with Toronto’s performing arts landscape considered a strong asset
Qualified candidates are to forward their resume, cover letter and salary expectations to HR@national.ballet.ca with the subject heading: "Marketing Manager" by no later than November 15, 2019. Resumes will be reviewed as soon as they are received. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Successful candidates will be subject to a criminal background check. This position offers competitive compensation and benefits package commensurate with experience.
Candidates will be required to complete an Excel test as part of the interview and selection process.
The National Ballet of Canada is committed to ensuring that our community reflects the extraordinary diversity of the City of Toronto on stage, behind the scenes, in our audiences and in the board room. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
The National Ballet of Canada is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). The Human Resources department will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.