The The National Ballet of Canada, Canada’s premiere dance company and one of the world’s top International dance companies, is looking for two (2) dedicated and enthusiastic permanent part-time receptionists to cover the front desk on Mondays through Fridays.
The morning shift runs from 7:30am to 12:30pm and the evening shift runs from 4:30pm to 9:30pm.
The receptionist is the first point of contact for all visitors at the Walter Carsen Centre and will be primarily responsible for greeting all staff, guests, patrons, board members and volunteers in a professional, friendly and polite manner and directs all telephone calls and inquiries to the appropriate personnel. The Receptionist will oversee day to day operations and security from the main reception and will support all departments in the organization and communicate with contracted service providers. The receptionist will also play an integral role in supporting In Studio, the company’s recreational program offering dance and fitness classes to teens and adults.
Key responsibilities include:
- Respond to and redirect all incoming telephone calls and relay messages to the appropriate personnel
- Provide information and assist with general and patron inquiries, on the telephone and in person, resolve any issues with professionalism and redirect and escalate as needed
- Greet and assist guests and visitors – including donors, volunteers, and board members - as they enter the reception area and notify company members of their arrival
- Coordinate the intake and payments for In Studio classes from students as well as manage the In Studio email inbox by answering any questions about the classes or workshops
- Collect, sort and distribute incoming mail and drop off outgoing mail to a Canada Post mailbox
- Notify staff of deliveries, process and arrange for courier services and maintain donation/auction items for pick up
- Oversee and maintain general office supplies and order business cards
- Update telephone and employee lists, as needed
- Maintain and update employee security and fob access
- Assist the Development department with data entry as well as envelope/mail folding, place cards and name tags for events, etc.
- Morning shift will ‘open’ the building including turning on lights and unlocking front doors
- Evening shift will ‘close’ the building including lights and locking front doors
- Stay informed and knowledgeable of all aspects of The National Ballet of Canada including repertoire, membership, policies and procedures, etc. and maintain a professional attitude and appearance
- Other administrative duties as assigned
- At least one to three years of clerical and administrative experience, preferably in a receptionist or customer service front facing role, delivering a high level of service
- Familiarity with multi-line telephone console/switchboard system/Intercom
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong Microsoft Office application knowledge, well-developed internet research skills, and familiarity with SharePoint an asset
- Experience with Mindbody software system considered an asset
- Professional interpersonal and superior organization skills, hold a positive attitude and demeanor on the phone and in person
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Take initiative and adapt to changing demands
- A passion for the performing arts
Work hours requirements:
- Morning Shift - 25 hours/week Monday to Friday 7:30am to 12:30pm
- Evening Shift - 25 hours/week, Monday to Friday from 4:30pm to 9:30pm
- The position offers vacation pay and health and dental benefits
- You will enjoy 2 complimentary tickets per season of performances throughout the year at the Four Seasons Centre for the Performing Arts.
Qualified candidates should forward their application to HR@national.ballet.ca with the subject heading: “Receptionist " by no later than July 26, 2019. Resumes will be reviewed as soon as they are received. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Successful candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.
Applications must include:
- cover letter
- preferred shift (morning or evening)
The National Ballet of Canada is committed to ensuring that our community reflects the extraordinary diversity of the City of Toronto on stage, behind the scenes, in our audiences and in the board room. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
The National Ballet of Canada is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). The Human Resources department will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.