The National Ballet of Canada is one of the most exciting, innovative arts institutions in Canada, and is regularly ranked among the top ten ballet companies in the world. Established by founder Celia Franca in 1951, The National Ballet of Canada presents a full range of traditional full-length classics and has been an innovative commissioner of new contemporary work by some of the most important choreographers and designers in the world. The National Ballet is deeply committed to the values of equity, diversity and inclusion across the organization, and through community education programs that bring dance to the broadest possible community.
The ideal candidate will be a member of a collaborative team working on customization, integration and support of existing company CRM application in a multi-sales-channel environment including desktop, web and mobile. Primary responsibility includes creation, update and optimization of SQL stored procedures, functions, views, ad-hoc queries, and SSRS based reports & dashboards. Excellent verbal and written skills are a requirement. During season occasional weekend support may become necessary.
General Responsibilities Include:
- Create/update custom screens, reports, dashboards using T-SQL & SSRS
- Write stored procedures, functions, views, etc. database objects/entities for in-house applications
- Write SQL queries to extract, process and deliver data for different company projects
- Troubleshoot and provide end user support for Tessitura and MS Dynamics SL 2018
- Support and troubleshoot backend SQL database for various in-house and vendor supplied custom solutions/applications including Tessitura Analytics, N-Scan, WordFly (Tessitura Email Marketing Software), National Ballet Electronic Leads System (NBELS), National Ballet Electronic Tax Receipts, Tessitura Network Web (TNEW) and National Ballet Website
a. Must have:
- 1Strong knowledge and experience with Microsoft SQL database (2012 and above)
- 2Ability to build, enhance and support complex reports using SQL server Reporting Services (SSRS)
b. Highly desirable:
- 1Knowledge in Tessitura CRM and MS Dynamics
c. Nice to have (any/some of the following):
- 1Report writing experience in Sybase InfoMaker
- 2Knowledge of.NET Core, C#, REST/SOAP Web Service, LINQ, Entity Framework, MVC, Razor, Blazor
- 3Experience using tools and apps - Visual Studio/VS CODE, GitHub, ZenDesk, Asana, Slack
- 4Work experience as an Agile Scrum team member
- 6Cloud computing experience in AWS
- 7Familiar with DevOps and CI/CD concept and tools
- 8Familiar with the concept of Big Data and related databases
- 9Knowledge of MS SharePoint development
- 10Excel macro and Power Query for Data Analysis
- aPunctual, prepared, organized, self-starter and self-disciplined
- bResults oriented, thorough, analytical and conceptual thinker
- cTeam player, strong collaboration skills and ability to work with non-technical staff
- dAble to multi-task and produce under high pressure situations
- 1Minimum 3-4 years experience working with SQL Server database and query writing using SQL server 2012 and above
- 2Minimum 3-4 years of hands-on experience in building reports and dashboards using SSRS
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or any other subject with major in Information Technology
- Nice to have - Microsoft SQL Server related developer certifications
Employees are currently working from home offices and will continue to do so until Fall 2021.
Qualified candidates are to forward their resume, cover letter and salary expectations as a single PDF document to HR@national.ballet.ca with the subject heading: "SQL Developer" by no later than May 16, 2021. Resumes will be reviewed as soon as they are received. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Successful candidates will be subject to a criminal background check. This position offers competitive compensation and benefits package commensurate with experience.
The National Ballet of Canada is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible, and equitable environment where employees feel valued and respected. We are committed to reflect the diversity of our community, our city and our country. We strive to ensure our recruitment and selection processes are bias-free. We welcome and encourage submissions from Indigenous, Black and People of Colour, the Deaf and disabled as well as individuals of all genders, cultures, ethnicities, sexual orientations, and abilities. We are committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). The Human Resources department will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.