The National Ballet of Canada, Canada’s premiere dance company and one of the world’s top international dance companies, is looking for committed and enthusiastic permanent part-time staff to work in the Call Centre and on-site Box Office. The Sales Representatives will be primarily responsible for making outbound phone sales calls, with a focus on donation and subscription acquisition and renewal campaigns but will also be responsible for inbound calls and enhancing the overall customer/donor focus experience.
If you are looking for work in support of the performing arts, with competitive compensation, and if you’re eager to learn from some of the industry’s most accomplished box office professionals, this opportunity is for you! The position will be based out of the Walter Carsen Centre, the home of The National Ballet of Canada.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Responsible for outbound phone sales: donation and subscription sales for both acquisition, renewal, and auxiliary campaigns
- Completing sales and pledge forms accurately
- Capable of providing excellent customer service with flexibility between inbound and outbound calls
- Staying informed and knowledgeable in all aspects of The National Ballet of Canada including repertoire, membership, policies and procedures
- Assist with patron inquiries and resolve any issues with professionalism
- Maintain a professional attitude and appearance while representing The National Ballet of Canada
- A minimum of 1-2 years experience in delivering a high level of customer service
- Sales experience is considered an asset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Professional interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail is critical
- Able to take initiative, learn quickly and adapt to changing demands
- Knowledge of Tessitura Ticketing Software, an asset
- A passion for the performing arts
Work hours requirements:
- Mondays through Thursdays – 5:00pm to 9:00pm
- Fridays – 4:00pm to 8:00pm
- Occasional Saturday shift from 11:00am to 2:00pm as required
Employees are currently working from home and will continue to do so until fall 2021.
This is a unionized position with starting pay at $17.00 per hour plus commission
Qualified candidates are to forward their resume and cover letter as a single PDF document to HR@national.ballet.ca with the subject heading: "Sales Representative" by no later than July 18, 2021. Resumes will be reviewed as soon as they are received. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Successful candidates will be subject to a criminal background check. This position offers competitive compensation and benefits package commensurate with experience.
The National Ballet of Canada is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible, and equitable environment where employees feel valued and respected. We are committed to reflect the diversity of our community, our city and our country. We strive to ensure our recruitment and selection processes are bias-free. We welcome and encourage submissions from Indigenous, Black and People of Colour, the Deaf and disabled as well as individuals of all genders, cultures, ethnicities, sexual orientations, and abilities. We are committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). The Human Resources department will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.