Join Our Team
Social Media and Communications Coordinator
The National Ballet of Canada is one of the most exciting, innovative arts institutions in Canada, and is regularly ranked among the top ten ballet companies in the world. Established by founder Celia Franca in 1951, The National Ballet of Canada presents a full range of traditional full-length classics and has been an innovative commissioner of new contemporary work by some of the most important choreographers and designers in the world. The National Ballet is deeply committed to the values of equity, diversity and inclusion across the organization, and through community education programs that bring dance to the broadest possible community.
The Social Media and Communications Coordinator will assist the Communications, Publicity and Content Creation teams in developing and implementing a strategic communications plan to promote positive messaging that best support the company's mission, goals and artists.
- Oversee the company’s social media presence, analyzing trends and monitoring numbers to maximize growth across all digital platforms
- Create and schedule posts from concept and approval to uploading
- Liaise with digital marketing agency, providing assets and copy, reviewing and analyzing reports
- Engaging with fans and followers, managing online discussions by answering questions and responding to comments on a timely basis
- Planning and coordinating digital announcements, events such as Facebook Events, Instagram Stories, Q&As, trivia, key National Ballet initiatives and more
- Ensuring that messaging positively supports the overarching objectives of the Communications department and is in line with the National Ballet brand
- Preparing weekly summaries of digital media highlights and analysis
- Assist in coordinating announcements, opening, events, video and photo shoots and interviews, and key National Ballet initiatives
- Liaising with various internal departments and external vendors to support digital initiatives
- Implement web updates and build emails
- Track media coverage, mount and post daily clippings and prepare media summary reports
- Providing general administrative duties, as required
- Minimum three years of experience in social media
- Degree in Public Relations, Communications, or related program
- Creative and strategic thinker with the ability to consistently deliver new ideas
- Exceptional proofing and writing skills, with strong attention to detail
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Team Player and able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Proven ability to multi-task and produce under high pressure situations
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Strong computer skills with experience in content management systems, Photoshop and HTML considered an asset
- Experience with photography and film, an asset
- Primarily work out of main office, Walter Carsen Centre, located at 470 Queens Quay West, Toronto
- Occasional work out of the Four Seasons Centre for the Performing Arts, located at 145 Queen St West, Toronto
- Staff are currently working in a hybrid model of office and remote work
This position offers a competitive compensation commensurate with experience, vacation time, health benefits package, and a company matched pension plan. The position will also be entitled to employee assistance programs and complimentary performance tickets.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates are to forward their resume, cover letter and salary expectations to HR@national.ballet.ca with the subject heading: "Social Media Communications Coordinator" by no later than January 22, 2023. Resumes will be reviewed as soon as they are received. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Successful candidates will be subject to a criminal background check. The National Ballet of Canada recognizes its heightened duty to protect employees from health and safety risks during the current pandemic. As such, an offer of employment shall be conditional on proof of full COVID-19 vaccination with a vaccine series approved by Health Canada or the World Health Organization.
The National Ballet of Canada is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible, and equitable environment where employees feel valued and respected. We are committed to reflect the diversity of our community, our city and our country. We strive to ensure our recruitment and selection processes are bias-free. We welcome and encourage submissions from Indigenous, Black and People of Colour, the Deaf and disabled as well as individuals of all genders, cultures, ethnicities, sexual orientations, and abilities. We are committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). The Human Resources department will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.