The National Ballet of Canada is one of the most exciting, innovative arts institutions in Canada, and is regularly ranked among the top ten ballet companies in the world. Established by founder Celia Franca in 1951, The National Ballet of Canada presents a full range of traditional full-length classics and has been an innovative commissioner of new contemporary work by some of the most important choreographers and designers in the world. The National Ballet is deeply committed to the values of equity, diversity and inclusion across the organization, and through community education programs that bring dance to the broadest possible community.
Reporting to the Manager, Technology, the successful candidate will assist in the operation and maintenance of computing and telecommunication facilities, equipment and services that meet the needs of The National Ballet of Canada. Qualified candidates must be skilled in troubleshooting network connectivity, with Windows Active Directory domain in a multi-server environment. Position requires extensive interaction with the end users. Proven exceptional verbal and written skills are a requirement. During season, occasional weekend support may be necessary.
General Responsibilities Include:
- Troubleshoot hardware and software errors by running diagnostics, documenting problems and resolutions, prioritizing problems, and assessing impact of issues
- Assist with monitoring network firewalls and security, management of Microsoft SharePoint, Exchange, Office 365, VPN and Remote Desktop services
- Lead desktop and helpdesk support efforts, making sure all desktop applications, workstations, and related equipment problems are resolved in a timely manner
- Support telecommunication facilities
- Support ticketing system (Tessitura) and scanners
- Maintain inventory of equipment and supplies
- Provide training or assistance to users on various types of software and hardware
- Place service calls and coordinate toner replacement and recycling program
- Develop and write technical documentation to ensure current guidelines on policies, procedures and processes are available to assist staff with daily responsibilities
- Create and maintain network accounts using Active Directory and Azure
- Process and manage customers’ request using the Zendesk Ticketing system
- Escalate unresolved issues or arrange for external technical support when problems cannot be resolved in-house
- Perform regular backup operations and implement appropriate processes for data protection and disaster recovery
- Post Secondary Education in Computer Science or related field
- Minimum 2-3 years of troubleshooting experience with hardware and software
- Minimum 2-3 years experience in project management and network management
- PMP, CCNA, AWS and MCSA certifications, an asset
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills required
- Strong interpersonal/relationship skills, collaborative team player
- Ability to adjust to changing environment and effectively prioritize multiple tasks with minimal supervision
- Ability to organize work and be efficient and effective, making the best use of resources within an established framework of time
- Active Directory experience required
- Ability to image PCs, configure Outlook, manage Unified Communications and troubleshoot user issues
- Experience with Microsoft Azure, an asset
- Experience/familiarity with Tessitura and Kentico applications an asset
- Familiarity with Virtualization Technologies (Hyper-V or Nutanix)
- Experience with VOIP, 3CX, Yealink and SIP, an asset
- Office environment
- Evenings and Weekends to support in-season performances
Employees are currently working from home and will continue to do so until fall 2021.
Qualified candidates are to forward their resume, cover letter and salary expectations as a single PDF document to HR@national.ballet.ca with the subject heading: "Systems Coordinator" by no later than July 30, 2021. Resumes will be reviewed as soon as they are received. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Successful candidates will be subject to a criminal background check. This position offers competitive compensation and benefits package commensurate with experience.
The National Ballet of Canada is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible, and equitable environment where employees feel valued and respected. We are committed to reflect the diversity of our community, our city and our country. We strive to ensure our recruitment and selection processes are bias-free. We welcome and encourage submissions from Indigenous, Black and People of Colour, the Deaf and disabled as well as individuals of all genders, cultures, ethnicities, sexual orientations, and abilities. We are committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). The Human Resources department will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.