Ticket Operations Manager, Audience and Donor Services
The National Ballet of Canada is one of the most exciting, innovative arts institutions in Canada, and is regularly ranked among the top ten ballet companies in the world. Established by founder Celia Franca in 1951, The National Ballet of Canada presents a full range of traditional full-length classics and has been an innovative commissioner of new contemporary work by some of the most important choreographers and designers in the world. The National Ballet is deeply committed to the values of equity, diversity and inclusion across the organization, and through community education programs that bring dance to the broadest possible community.
The successful candidate will provide thoughtful leadership and technical support to Audience and Donor Services staff to ensure a smooth operation of daily activities with the highest level of professionalism and personalized customer service to National Ballet of Canada patrons. Working with other departments to optimize the patron journey. This position offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
- General Responsibilities Include:
- Co-leads the daily oversight of the part-time staff ensuring team stays focused and motivated
- Administers event builds, subscription packages, promotions, pricing, allocations, subscription rollovers, and seat cancellation procedures
- Provides ticketing logistic expertise and solutions for ticket modelling, complex builds, and dynamic pricing
- Works with web services team to maximize Tessitura user functionality
- Works’ cross-functionally with other operations team members to devise framework base on ticketing data and audience behaviours
- Collaborates with management team on yearly campaigns including, but not limited to, annual invoice project, subscription seating and single tickets on sale
- In conjunction with management team, proposes and implements policies and procedures including general ticketing, promotional activities, Payment Card Industry (PCI) compliance, and compliance with the Ticket Sales Act
- Maintain and update documentation of all policies and procedures
- Stays up to date on Tessitura products and recommends changes to optimize user functionality
- Contributes to a positive team environment
- Assist with other duties and projects as required
- Attend professional development conferences and meetings, as require
- Minimum five (5) years of ticketing experience
- Proficient knowledge of Tessitura data structures, complexities and opportunities
- Savvy ticketing problem solver committed to creating elegant and seamless end-to-end ticketing experiences for our patrons
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Lateral thinker with analytical and strategic problem-solving skills
- An understanding of how ticketing impacts operational systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated capacity to be highly organized, determine workloads, set priorities, identify critical issues, work under pressure and complete tasks within specified timeframes
- Solutions oriented self-starter with a willingness to work hands-on in assisting patrons and staff
- Highly developed interpersonal and diplomacy skills, as well as high level of professionalism and the ability to maintain good working relationships with a wide range of people
- Experience working with union staff considered an asset
- Clear and friendly communication and can-do attitude
- Willingness and flexibility to work extended hours, when required
- Some light lifting is required
- Experience and/or interest in issues of equity, accessibility, and inclusion
- Passion for the performing arts
Employees currently working from home offices will continue to do so until Fall 2021.
Qualified candidates are to forward their resume, cover letter and salary expectations to HR@national.ballet.ca with the subject heading: "Ticket Operations Manager" by no later than April 9, 2021. Resumes will be reviewed as soon as they are received. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Successful candidates will be subject to a criminal background check. This position offers competitive compensation and benefits package commensurate with experience.
The National Ballet of Canada is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible, and equitable environment where employees feel valued and respected. We are committed to reflect the diversity of our community, our city and our country. We strive to ensure our recruitment and selection processes are bias-free. We welcome and encourage submissions from Indigenous, Black and People of Colour, the Deaf and disabled as well as individuals of all genders, cultures, ethnicities, sexual orientations, and abilities. We are committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). The Human Resources department will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.