Ticket Operations Manager, Audience and Donor Services
The National Ballet of Canada is one of the most exciting, innovative arts institutions in Canada, and is regularly ranked among the top ten ballet companies in the world. Established by founder Celia Franca in 1951, The National Ballet of Canada presents a full range of traditional full-length classics and has been an innovative commissioner of new contemporary work by some of the most important choreographers and designers in the world. The National Ballet is deeply committed to the values of equity, diversity and inclusion across the organization, and through community education programs that bring dance to the broadest possible community.
The successful candidate will provide thoughtful leadership and technical support to Audience and Donor Services staff to ensure a smooth operation of daily activities with the highest level of professionalism and personalized customer service to National Ballet of Canada patrons. Work to increase and maintain patron engagement and loyalty while maximizing revenue. This position sets the tone for departmental staff and is a brand ambassador for The National Ballet of Canada. This position reports to the Senior Operations Manager and offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
General Responsibilities Include:
- Provides direct leadership, training, coaching, logistical support and creates a positive team environment to achieve consistent delivery of exceptional service and patron engagement
- Primarily responsible for ensuring NBC performances, subscription packages, events, pricing and special promotions are accurately built
- Responds to escalated service enquiries, identifies challenges and opportunities, and works with management team to implement solutions
- Manages personnel, including interviewing, hiring, creation of weekly staff schedule, payroll submission, monitoring staff absences and update payroll tracking
- Manages call centre software, including reporting and implementing updates to phone tree to ensure consistent level of support and wait times. Monitors random calls for quality assurance
- Supports team during busy times, assisting patrons by phone and in person with subscription and single ticket orders, ticket exchanges, tax receipt processing and event RSVPs
- Collaborates with management team on yearly campaigns including, but not limited to, season announcement, subscription and seating process, and single ticket on sale
- In conjunction with the Senior Operations Manager, proposes and implements policies and procedures including general ticketing, customer service standards, promotional activities, patron privacy and PCI compliance, AODA compliance and Ticket Act
- Maintain and update documentation of all policies and procedures
- Provides direct support to Front of House staff, acting as a liaison through meetings and email communications
- Assist with other duties/projects as required
- Attend professional development conferences and meetings, as required
- Minimum five (5) years of management experience
- Enjoys working collaboratively as a team, can lead, direct and inspire employees
- Expert in ticketing software technologies including Tessitura products
- High proficiency in HTML and Microsoft Office applications
- Demonstrates leadership, decision-making, analytical and strategic problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated capacity to be highly organized, determine workloads, set priorities, identify critical issues, work under pressure and complete tasks within specified timeframes
- Highly motivated self-starter with a willingness to work hands-on in assisting patrons and staff
- Highly developed interpersonal and diplomacy skills, as well as high level of professionalism and the ability to maintain good working relationships with a wide range of people at different levels internal and external to the organization
- Demonstrated active listening skills and positive attitude
- Able to adapt to a flexible working schedule, including late evenings and weekends
- Some light lifting is required
- Experience and/or interest in issues of equity, accessibility, and inclusion
- Passion for the performing arts
Qualified candidates are to forward their resume, cover letter and salary expectations to HR@national.ballet.ca with the subject heading: "Ticket Operations Manager" by no later than November 18, 2019. Resumes will be reviewed as soon as they are received. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Successful candidates will be subject to a criminal background check. This position offers competitive compensation and benefits package commensurate with experience.
The National Ballet of Canada is committed to ensuring that our community reflects the extraordinary diversity of the City of Toronto on stage, behind the scenes, in our audiences and in the board room. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
The National Ballet of Canada is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). The Human Resources department will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.