The National Ballet of Canada's The Nutcracker
Be a part of the battle scene action!
The National Ballet of Canada, with the support of Canada’s National Ballet School, invite you to audition for roles in the Act 1 Battle Scene of James Kudelka’s glorious production of The Nutcracker.
Only students with a background in dance and who are in grades 8 and up may audition for the roles being offered.
To be considered for roles women must be between 5’3” and 5’10” in height, men must be between 5’4”and 6’0” in height.
Successful candidates are expected to attend all rehearsals unless special arrangements have been made with the rehearsal director.
Rehearsals will take place on:
- Sunday afternoons starting October 25 to December 6
- Tuesday, December 1 from 10:00 am – 3:00 pm
- Tuesday, December 8 from 11:00 am – 6:00 pm
- Wednesday, December 9 from 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Detailed schedule to be announced. Rehearsal schedule is subject to change, advanced notice will be given.
Successful candidates are expected to be available for all performances.
- Performances begin with dress rehearsal on Thursday, December 10 at 2:00 pm and run until January 3, 2016 (inclusive).
- No performance December 14, 15, 21, 24, 25, 26, 31, January 1.
Audition Location and Times
Auditions will be conducted on Sunday, October 4, 2015 at:
Canada’s National Ballet School
400 Jarvis Street
Candidates must register before auditioning: registration for auditions begins at 12:00 pm.
Auditions begin at 1:00 pm and ends at 4:00 pm.
Please note that the registration desk will not be staffed earlier than the time listed.
All registered candidates will be assigned a number, given a short warm up barre and will be called to audition in sequential order in groups.
- You will be taught a short piece of simple choreography. A prepared piece is not required.
- We recommend that you be attired in dancewear or fitted athletic wear with soft jazz shoes or ballet slippers.
- Successful candidates will be notified by email within two weeks of audition.
We wish everyone an enjoyable audition!
For more information regarding the RBC Apprentice Programme and auditions, please email email@example.com or call 416 345 9686 x352.