Your Safety is Our Foremost Priority
The health and safety of our audiences, artists and staff is our foremost priority. We have worked closely with our government partners, safety advisors and colleagues at the Canadian Opera Company to safely welcome you back to live performances at the Four Seasons Centre for the Performing Arts.
Proof of Vaccination
The Province of Ontario has announced a mandatory vaccination policy for theatres and concert venues. All patrons, 12 years of age or older, must provide proof of vaccination to attend performances by The National Ballet of Canada at the Four Seasons Centre for the Performing Arts.
- The date of attendance must be at least 14 days after receiving the approved full series of vaccines by Public Health Canada or a combination of accepted vaccines.
- An official proof of vaccination receipt — displayed either on a smartphone or a physical copy of the proof of vaccination — must be presented at time of entry with your performance ticket along with one government-issued ID (i.e., driver’s license, health card, student card or passport). Ontario residents can access their official vaccine receipts at https://covid19.ontariohealth.ca/.
- Children under 12 must provide proof of a negative COVID-19 rapid antigen test, taken no more than 48 hours before the performance, or a negative PCR test, taken no more 72 hours before the performance. An email confirmation, paper receipt, or screenshot/photo of the receipt will be accepted and must be shown when you arrive at the theatre. Rapid antigen tests are available at Shoppers Drug Mart. Please note: tickets for children under the age of 12 will be discounted to offset the cost of the test.
- All Four Seasons Centre staff, as well as all dancers and musicians, must adhere to the company policy and be fully vaccinated.
- No children under 12 will appear in The National Ballet of Canada’s productions, including The Nutcracker.
Arriving at the Theatre
- Please ensure you have all your documents ready before entering the venue. Patrons are asked to arrive between 6:00 and 7:00 pm for performances beginning at 7:30 pm and between 12:30 and 1:30 pm for performances starting at 2:00 pm to allow enough time for front of house staff to check documents and tickets.
- There will be a two-step entry process. Your proof of vaccine and ID will be verified first and then your tickets will be scanned as usual.
Patrons who are not able to provide proof of vaccination will not be permitted to enter the facility or attend the performance.
For the safety of all, patrons under quarantine or isolation, or who have been exposed or have come in contact with someone with COVID-19, are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19 or have tested positive for COVID-19, must not come to the theatre. Please call Audience and Donor Services at 416 (1 866) 345 9595 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss exchange or refund options.
- All audience members must wear a mask at all times in the lobby and auditorium, except when eating or drinking. Neck gaiters and bandanas will not be permitted. Masks are also required for all front of house staff.
Capacities and Seating
- In accordance with guidelines from Ontario Public Health, there are no capacity limits in place for the Four Seasons Centre. However capacities will remain reduced for Serenade & Angels’ Atlas in November and will increase for The Nutcracker in December. Please note, as per Public Health policy, seating in the auditorium does not have to be socially distanced when audience members are fully vaccinated and masked. You could be seated beside another audience member.
Ventilation and Cleaning Protocols
- In preparing for safe reintroduction of live audiences to the building, the Four Seasons Centre conducted extensive testing of circulated air. Analysis of the results show that the state-of-the-art ventilation systems at the Four Seasons Centre for the Performing Arts support an above average air quality and sanitization.
- Enhanced cleaning and sanitation protocols are in place before, during and after each performance with common contact surface areas and hand sanitizers available throughout the venue.
- “No touch” sinks are available in all washrooms.
Concessions & Ballet Boutique
Concessions at the Four Seasons Centre will be open for the Fall Season and The Nutcracker. The Ballet Boutique will also be open and operating on the main, second and third floors.
Our Safety Partner
In mapping out a safe return to the Four Seasons Centre, both The National Ballet of Canada and the Canadian Opera Company engaged Get Ready Global, specialists in emergency management and training, to advise and guide all planning for live audience programming.
If you have any questions about our safety policies, please contact us at 416 (1 866) 345 9595 or email@example.com.