The National Ballet of Canada’s dancers may not be able to rehearse in the studio during this time but we are in constant communication with them. Our staff, led by Associate Artistic Director Christopher Stowell, is providing information and support for their well-being and ongoing conditioning.
What We Are Doing:
- The entire Health and Wellness team is available for remote appointments to assist dancers who are returning from injury or addressing specific issues
- Company Athletic Therapist Paul Papoutsakis creates weekly conditioning programmes with exercises that dancers can do at home
- Former Principal Dancer Xiao Nan Yu provides strengthening exercises specifically for female dancers to maintain strength in the feet for when they return to pointe work
- The company is providing information and support on how to deal with stress from a professional sports psychology perspective
- Dancers are reaching out to their fellow dancers and maintaining a community of support
Join Us Virtually
Each week, our dancers will be coming to you LIVE from their homes, teaching ballet and workout classes or hosting Q&A's, bake alongs and more.
Find Out More >