In Person Classes
Get Moving with us In Person
We are so pleased to have you back in our studios again. Please ensure you read below before signing up and attending a class. We thank you in advance for your cooperation while we keep our In Person classes as safe as possible. Our studios are located at The Walter Carsen Centre for The National Ballet of Canada, 470 Queens Quay West.
Our weekday morning ballet classes return in July and August! Join Kevin Pugh and Kate Kernaghan for In Person classes. New this August, Kate Kernaghan will teach Power Yoga, available In Person and on Zoom, Thursdays, 10:00 am – 11:00 am.
Sign Up and Attendance Process
- All clients will be required to show proof of vaccination and 1 government-issued photo ID to show to reception upon each entry, as we will not be storing vaccine information in our system(s), subject to change.
- All clients will be required to sign-up beforehand, online, using MINDBODY. We cannot accommodate drop ins at this time. Sign Up Now >
- Please wear a mask at all times when entering and exiting building. Masks are optional in the studios.
- Changerooms and washrooms are available, but please adhere to social distancing measures at all times.
- For Ballet classes, sanitizing wipes will be provided to wipe the surface of the barre where you stand. Where possible, we encourage you to wipe the barre(s) before and after use.
- Please ensure you are keeping a safe distance throughout your classes.
- The studios are required to be cleared 10 minutes after the end of your class.
NEW! Contemporary Ballet
This class incorporates elements of both classical ballet and modern dance. Contemporary ballet has roots in the classical technique and vocabulary, but uses those roots as a place to explore, and experiment. A live percussionist brings life and energy to the class. A minimum of two to three years of dance experience is recommended for this class.
Learn from the finest teachers to develop grace, elegance and precision. Ballet is a beautiful art form based on formalized movements and positions of the arms, feet, and body. Learning the art of ballet develops agility, control, speed, lightness, and grace.
Drawing on both classical ballet and modern dance, this class explores total body movement, use of breath and weight and changes in rhythm, speed and direction. Classes begin with a strengthening barre warm up, followed by centre work including jumps and travelling sequences.
Strengthen and tone your entire body, focusing on the core, with essential mat exercises. Dynamic and flowing movements help increase flexibility and joint mobility, enhance stability as well as improve body awareness. No previous dance experience necessary.
Full Body Barre
A full body workout like no other. This online barre class combines barre exercises to strengthen and lengthen the lower body, with light weights and floor exercises to build strength in the upper body and core. No previous dance experience necessary.