In Person Classes
Sign Up and Attendance Process
- All clients will be required to show proof of vaccination and 1 government-issued photo ID to show to reception upon each entry, as we will not be storing vaccine information in our system(s), subject to change.
- All clients will be required to sign-up beforehand, online, using MINDBODY. We cannot accommodate drop ins at this time. Sign Up Now >
- All clients will be required to complete the required COVID screening by scanning the QR code on the front door before entering the Walter Carsen Centre. After completing the required screening please show the receptionist your “safe to enter” checkmark and provide them with your name and class you are registered to attend.
- Please wear a mask at all times when inside the building.
- Changerooms and washrooms are available, but please adhere to social distancing measures at all times.
- For Ballet classes, sanitizing wipes will be provided to wipe the surface of the barre where you stand. Where possible, we encourage you to wipe the barre(s) before and after use.
- Please ensure you are keeping a safe distance throughout your classes.
- The studios are required to be cleared 10 minutes after the end of your class.
Learn from the finest teachers to develop grace, elegance and precision. Ballet is a beautiful art form based on formalized movements and positions of the arms, feet, and body. Learning the art of ballet develops agility, control, speed, lightness, and grace.
Drawing on both classical ballet and modern dance, this class explores total body movement, use of breath and weight and changes in rhythm, speed and direction. Classes begin with a strengthening barre warm up, followed by centre work including jumps and travelling sequences.
Absolute Beginner Ballet Level I
For absolute beginners, learn the basics of classical ballet in a welcoming, encouraging environment. Participants will develop technique, musicality and grace while progressing at a steady pace over the session. Registration is required and can be accepted only up to the third class of the session. We encourage participants with no experience to take this workshop before attending a drop in class.
Fall Session: Monday, October 18 – December 13, 7:00 – 8:30 pm
Sign Up Now >