In Person Classes
Get Moving with us In Person
We are so pleased to open up our studios again on February 1, 2022. Please ensure you read below before signing up and attending a class. We thank you in advance for your cooperation while we safely re-open our In Person classes.
Sign Up and Attendance Process
- All clients will be required to show proof of vaccination and 1 government-issued photo ID to show to reception upon each entry, as we will not be storing vaccine information in our system(s), subject to change.
- All clients will be required to sign-up beforehand, online, using MINDBODY. We cannot accommodate drop ins at this time. Sign Up Now >
- All clients will be required to complete the required COVID screening by scanning the QR code on the front door before entering the Walter Carsen Centre. After completing the required screening please show the receptionist your “safe to enter” checkmark and provide them with your name and class you are registered to attend.
- Please wear a mask at all times when inside the building.
- Changerooms and washrooms are available, but please adhere to social distancing measures at all times.
- For Ballet classes, sanitizing wipes will be provided to wipe the surface of the barre where you stand. Where possible, we encourage you to wipe the barre(s) before and after use.
- Please ensure you are keeping a safe distance throughout your classes.
- The studios are required to be cleared 10 minutes after the end of your class.
NEW! Contemporary Ballet
This class incorporates elements of both classical ballet and modern dance. Contemporary ballet has roots in the classical technique and vocabulary, but uses those roots as a place to explore, and experiment. A live percussionist brings life and energy to the class. A minimum of two to three years of dance experience is recommended for this class.
Learn from the finest teachers to develop grace, elegance and precision. Ballet is a beautiful art form based on formalized movements and positions of the arms, feet, and body. Learning the art of ballet develops agility, control, speed, lightness, and grace.
Drawing on both classical ballet and modern dance, this class explores total body movement, use of breath and weight and changes in rhythm, speed and direction. Classes begin with a strengthening barre warm up, followed by centre work including jumps and travelling sequences.
Strengthen and tone your entire body, focusing on the core, with essential mat exercises. Dynamic and flowing movements help increase flexibility and joint mobility, enhance stability as well as improve body awareness. No previous dance experience necessary.
Full Body Barre
A full body workout like no other. This online barre class combines barre exercises to strengthen and lengthen the lower body, with light weights and floor exercises to build strength in the upper body and core. No previous dance experience necessary.