Konstantin Tkachuk. Photo by Karolina Kuras.
Born: Donetsk, Ukraine
Trained: Kyiv State Ballet College
Eifman Ballet: 2010 – 2011
Mariinsky Theatre: 2011 – 2013
Mikhailovsky Theatre: 2013 – 2022
Joined as Corps de Ballet 2022
Five Things to Know
- 1Konstantin was a member of Mikhailovsky Theatre in St. Petersburg from 2013 to 2022. Prior to this, he danced with Eifman Ballet in St. Petersburg from 2010 to 2011 and Mariinsky Theatre from 2011 to 2013.
- 2He has performed the role of Rothbart in Swan Lake, Carabosse in The Sleeping Beauty, The Mouse King in The Nutcracker and a featured role in Multiplicity. Forms of Silence and Emptiness by Nacho Duato.
- 3As a child, Konstantin studied ballroom dancing and ballet. He decided to focus on ballet and attended Kyiv State Ballet College, one of the best ballet schools in Ukraine.
- 4When Konstantin is not at the barre, he likes to spend his time with his family, watch movies and travel. His favourite places to travel are Tokyo, London and Kyiv.
- 5Originally from Ukraine, Konstantin moved to Canada this year to escape the war and make a life for himself and his family in Toronto.
- 1Swan Lake by Marius Petipa and Lev Ivanov
- 2La Bayadère by Marius Petipa
- 3The Nutcracker by Alexander Gorsky
- 4The Sleeping Beauty by Marius Petipa
- 5Multiplicity. Forms of Silence and Emptiness by Nacho Duato
Konstantin Tkachuk was born in Donetsk, Ukraine and trained at Kyiv State Ballet College. Konstantin danced Eifman Ballet, Mariinsky Theatre and Mikhailovsky Theatre before joining the National Ballet as a Corps de Ballet member in 2022.
Konstantin’s repertoire with the National Ballet includes The Nutcracker, Romeo and Juliet, Cinderella and MADDADDAM. His repertoire with previous companies include Rothbart in Swan Lake, Carabosse in The Sleeping Beauty, The Mouse King in The Nutcracker and a featured role in Multiplicity. Forms of Silence and Emptiness by Nacho Duato.
Ballet News+: 20 Questions With Konstantin Tkachuk