Box Office & Theatre Information
Tickets can be purchased online, in person at the Four Seasons Centre or over the phone at 416 345 9595 or, toll free, 1 866 345 9595. The National Ballet of Canada Box Office is located at the Four Seasons Centre for the Performing Arts, 145 Queen Street West, Toronto.
If you are accessing your tickets on a mobile device, some ticket scanners are unable to read barcodes when a mobile device is in dark mode. We ask that you turn off dark mode prior to your arrival at the theatre.
Print at Home Tickets
If you prefer printed tickets, please ensure that the barcode is clearly visible on the printed-out ticket(s).
Rush tickets are available for up to 50% at 11:00 am on the day of the performance for select performances. You can order online with the promo code RUSH. Click here for more information.
Standing Room Tickets
The National Ballet of Canada offers up to 60 standing room locations, in the back rows of Ring 3 and Ring 4 in the Four Seasons Centre. Tickets are $12 and go on sale at 11:00 am on the day of the performance at the box office, in person only. Tickets are subject to availability and limited to 2 per person.
Tips for our Standing Room areas:
- Remember to wear comfortable shoes and be prepared to stand for the duration of the performance.
- In consideration of other audience members, please stand as close to the railing as possible and avoid excessive movement during the performance.
- These locations are not recommended for children.
- Portable sitting devices and sitting on the railings is not permitted.
- Each of the locations have a hook and a leaning rail, and we recommend that patrons be a minimum height of 4’9/145cm to view the performance clearly.
- Please note that while there is a hook available for each location, the Four Seasons Centre is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
Cash, credit or debit cards are accepted for standing room tickets.
Click here for up to date Box Office hours
Children and Babes
We welcome children who are old enough to enjoy The National Ballet of Canada's performances, but we recognize that some of our productions may not be enjoyable for young children. A child is considered aged two to 13, however we recommend that ballet performances are not suitable for most children under five. All patrons, including children, must have a ticket to enter the theatre; children must be seated beside the accompanying adult.
A child must be able to sit quietly and not disrupt the performance and other patrons.
We encourage questions with regards to the suitability of a performance prior to purchasing a ticket for a child. Our Audience and Donor Services staff would be happy to advise you.
Babes in arms, or children under two years of age will not be admitted to performances.
If you have provided us with your email address, you will receive a performance reminder two days before your performance date. This will include important information about the performance, as well as traffic alerts if there are road or TTC closures.
You will also receive Hope’s Insights, an email from Artistic Director Hope Muir providing an in-depth look at the ballet or programme you are attending.
If you haven’t already, sign up now for Ballet news to be the first to receive all the latest news and videos, including special offers, casting and dancer news!
When picking up tickets at The National Ballet of Canada Box Office, you will be asked to provide photo ID and the credit card of purchase to receive your tickets. Please ensure you arrive in plenty of time to collect your tickets prior to the start of the performance.
All sales are final. There are no refunds. Exchanges can be made up to 24 hours prior to a performance at a cost of $10 per ticket (free for subscribers).
Ticket prices are all inclusive. The ticket price includes $2.00 Creative Capital Fund, 13% HST, a $4.00 surcharge to the Four Seasons Centre and a $0.25 digital fee. To request a detailed receipt please contact Audience and Donor Services at 416 345 9595 or toll free at 1 866 345 9595 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Beware of Ticket Resellers
The National Ballet of Canada is the only official seller of National Ballet tickets and we do not authorize the selling of our tickets through third party vendors, with the exception of the Today Tix app.
For all The National Ballet of Canada performances the only official website for tickets is national.ballet.ca. Customers will never be directed to another website to purchase tickets.
If you purchase at any other vendor, your tickets may be counterfeit. The National Ballet of Canada is not responsible for tickets purchased through any other means than our website or box office.
How to spot illegitimate tickets:
- Prices posted are higher than those found on national.ballet.ca
- Prices posted are in US dollars
- You are being charged a service fee on top of the ticket price. National Ballet ticket prices are all inclusive.
- Rows are listed without seat numbers
- Colour scheme, name and/or design changes when you click on what appears to be a link from national.ballet.ca
- Individuals or businesses offering tickets on eBay, Kijiji, Craigslist or other sales sites
- The ticket you receive does not show the price on the ticket face or shows a price other than what you paid
- The ticket you receive is in black and white
- Only buy directly from national.ballet.ca
- In search engines be wary of the listings marked AD. These are paid listings and could be third party sellers. Make sure you only click on national.ballet.ca
- If the performance you would like to purchase does not have any available seats on national.ballet.ca, call the box office to discuss your options. We are here to help.
- Don`t leave buying tickets to the last minute. You get the best seats at the best price if you buy early!
Gift Certificates are available in any denomination. Call 416 345 9595 or, toll free, 1 866 345 9595.