Invest in Creativity and Commitment
The 177 artists of The National Ballet of Canada inspire us with the best of ballet. They demonstrate their talent and pursuit of excellence by producing and performing in international masterworks of classical ballet and exciting new contemporary work. This collective of artists creates extraordinary performances that bring joy and beauty to our audiences.
The determination and commitment required to achieve artistic excellence in all facets of the company's work are an inspiration to all of us. Our dancers, musicians, wardrobe and production craftspeople, and stage and technical personnel work in partnership throughout the year, drawing inspiration from and contributing to Canada's vibrant cultural life.
"Our goal is to build a community of caring people who appreciate and support dance, creativity and dedication. The National Ballet of Canada was founded in 1951 by such individuals and has flourished since because of a shared passion for ballet and a willingness to work hard together to achieve success." Barry Hughson, Executive Director
Donor support is vital because over 40% of the National Ballet’s revenue comes from our generous community of support: 36% from fundraising and 6% from the disbursement from the Endowment Foundation (2015/16 figures).
With a donation, you will help the National Ballet:
- Inspire audiences with world-class performances of classical and contemporary ballet.
- Build the repertoire by creating new works.
- Represent the best of Canada by touring internationally.
- Train and support Canada’s leading dancers, musicians and choreographers.
- Engage children and students through meaningful education and outreach programmes.
- Strengthen the role of arts and culture in Canada.
Learn more about the impact of your donation and how you can get more involved
View our Annual Reports