Applicants must be dancers with strong classical ballet technique and have performing experience with a professional company. Auditions are by invitation only. All applicants MUST SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING MATERIAL BY EMAIL to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered. Your application will not be processed unless all the required documents, photos and video links are submitted.
- a video* link (YouTube or Vimeo) with no introduction or fancy editing, consisting of the following performed in leotard and tights for women and tight-fitting dance attire for men:
- a short classical variation drawn from the standard repertoire, danced in pointe shoes by female applicants
- a short contemporary variation (that could consist of something drawn from repertoire, phrases from classwork, or an applicant-created work) that illustrates the applicant’s command of a range of movement different from that demonstrated in the classical variation
- a CV (.pdf / .doc / .docx) that includes your email address, postal address, height, date of birth, citizenship, training and performance experience.
- a headshot
- 2-3 dance photos (.pdf) that reveal the dancer’s body proportions and line
- Ideally, video work should not be filmed too far away. Performance video is acceptable if of good quality and filmed close-up