Web and E-Communications Coordinator
The National Ballet of Canada is one of the most exciting, innovative arts institutions in Canada, and is regularly ranked among the top ten ballet companies in the world. Established by founder Celia Franca in 1951, The National Ballet of Canada presents a full range of traditional full-length classics and has been an innovative commissioner of new contemporary work by some of the most important choreographers and designers in the world. The National Ballet is deeply committed to the values of equity, diversity and inclusion across the organization, and through community education programs that bring dance to the broadest possible community.
The Web and E-Communications Coordinator is responsible for creating and deploying all e-communication campaigns as well as building, maintaining, and updating webpages for both the Communications and Development departments. Reporting to the Marketing Manager, this position plays a key role in promoting audience engagement, patron loyalty, and achieving revenue targets for both ticket sales and fundraising. This role also supports the Video Editor, Web and Digital Media Manager assisting with SEO, google analytics and setting UTM parameters.
General Responsibilities Include:
- Creating, circulating, and deploying all e-communications using Wordfly
- Building, maintaining and updating webpages using Kentico CMS
- Managing the email schedule and approval process to meet deadlines
- Collaborating with the Graphic Designer to ensure brand integrity
- Assisting with image sizing and other digital design tasks for web and social media
- Collaborating with the Video Editor, Web and Digital Media Manager and Senior Manager, Web Technology Services to ensure analytics, UTM parameters and site behaviour are tracked and categorized to meet reporting needs
- Collaborating with Information Technology Services on applications, projects and implementing best practices
- Keeping up-to-date on new digital initiatives that could benefit the company
- Other duties as necessary
- Proven experience in email and website design, layout and implementation
- Knowledge of content management systems and digital anayltics
- Experience with Wordfly or similar email marketing systems
- Excellent communication skills with impeccable attention to detail
- Ability to use Photoshop
- Knowledge of Illustrator an asset.
- Highly organized, with ability to manage multiple projects, often for multiple stakeholders, within tight deadlines
- Knowledge of project management tools and systems systems such as Asana considered an asset
- Previous experience with databases such as Soutron considered an asset
- Previous experience with Tessitura considered an asset
- Previous experience in the performing arts and/or not-for-profit is an asset
Staff are currently working in a hybrid model of office and remote work.
Qualified candidates are to forward their resume, cover letter and salary expectations as a single PDF document to HR@national.ballet.ca with the subject heading: "Web and E-Communications Coordinator" by no later than December 13, 2021. Resumes will be reviewed as soon as they are received. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Successful candidates will be subject to a criminal background check. The National Ballet of Canada recognizes its heightened duty to protect employees from health and safety risks during the current pandemic. As such, an offer of employment shall be conditional on proof of full COVID-19 vaccination with a vaccine series approved by Health Canada or the World Health Organization. This position offers competitive compensation and benefits package commensurate with experience.
The National Ballet of Canada is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible, and equitable environment where employees feel valued and respected. We are committed to reflect the diversity of our community, our city and our country. We strive to ensure our recruitment and selection processes are bias-free. We welcome and encourage submissions from Indigenous, Black and People of Colour, the Deaf and disabled as well as individuals of all genders, cultures, ethnicities, sexual orientations, and abilities. We are committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). The Human Resources department will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.