Statement of Commitment
The National Ballet of Canada is committed to providing at barrier-free environment for all persons including patrons/customers, employees, contractors, job applicants, volunteers, suppliers, and any visitors who may enter our premises, access our information, or use our services. As an organization, we will meet and support the needs of persons with disabilities in a timely manner, and as set forth in the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005) and all associated standards and regulations. The National Ballet of Canada will strive to ensure that all policies, practices, and procedures are consistent with the core principles outlined in the Act.
A support person may help a patron with a variety of tasks that range from communication to mobility or medical needs. When in need of personal and/or physical assistance to move throughout the venue, the accompaniment of a support person is required for the duration of a patron’s visit. In the interest of protecting the health and safety of both patron and staff, Four Seasons Centre staff members are not able to lift, lower, carry, hold or physically support patrons, including those using a wheelchair.
The National Ballet of Canada is pleased to offer one complimentary ticket for a support person in conjunction with the purchase of a full price ticket when accompanying a patron who requires assistance during our performances. To acquire a support person ticket, please contact our box office at 416 (1 866) 345 9595.
Hours of Operation
Service animals are welcome in all parts of The Four Seasons Centre that are open to patrons.
Service animals will be accommodated in select areas of the theatre where aisle or leg room allows space for the animal and does not obstruct other patrons while considering fire codes and evacuation procedures. Please note: Seating is subject to availability.
It is the responsibility of the person using the service animal to maintain control of the animal at all times. We request that anyone using a service animal informs the box office prior to the performance by calling us at 416 (1 866) 345 9595 or sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hours of Operation
The Four Seasons Centre for the Performing Arts can accommodate various assistive devices in the theatre including wheelchairs, walkers and oxygen tanks. Any patron using a wheelchair, walker or cane to move about the venue preferring to sit in a standard theatre seat may have the item stored during the performance. An usher will collect the item before the performance begins, return it at intermission and at the conclusion of the performance.
To purchase tickets in wheelchair accessible areas or an area close to an electrical outlet for a medical device, or if you have questions about appropriate seating for patrons using assistive devices, please contact our box office at 416 (1 866) 345 9595.
Hours of Operation
The Four Seasons Centre for the Performing Arts is a scent free environment. We ask that you be considerate of those in the audience who may have allergies or chemical sensitives and refrain from wearing perfume, cologne, or other scented products.
Accessibility at the Four Seasons Centre
Detailed Seating Map (PDF)
There are numerous features available that offer patrons assistance in all aspects of attendance including:
- Designated wheelchair accessible locations at a range of prices available on Orchestra, Ring 3 and Ring 4
- Elevator access from the subway exit level to the main vestibule
- Barrier-free box office
- Automatic door openers at Queen Street entrance
- Elevator access to all levels of the venue
- Braille on directional signage and in elevators
- Wheelchair accessible washrooms
- Unisex single transfer washrooms are available on Rings 2, 3, 4 and 5
- Transfer arm seats (one arm opens to the aisle) on Orchestra, and Rings 3 and 4
- Call to performance through ringing of bells and accompanying announcements
- Staff that have been trained in accessibility standards
- Accessible underground parking with elevator access to main vestibule
- Large print copies of the program available upon request
- A house doctor is present at all performances. If you require assistance, please inform a Four Seasons Centre staff member immediately
- A limited number of:
- Wheelchairs for patrons’ use
- Opera glasses available to rent
- Armless loose chairs
- Obus Formes and booster seats
It is important for us to hear any feedback, positive or negative, that you have about the National Ballet of Canada and accessibility. You may contact us by phone at 416 (1 866) 345 9595, email at email@example.com or by mail at:
Accessibility, Audience and Donor Services
National Ballet of Canada
470 Queens Quay W
Toronto, ON M5V 3K4