On the World Stage
American donors can now support the National Ballet’s excellence in performance, new productions, touring and outreach by making a gift to the American Friends of The National Ballet of Canada. This new affiliate association will provide donation confirmations for donors in the U.S.
Under Artistic Director Karen Kain, The National Ballet of Canada is inspiring more audiences than ever before. Her focus has been to recruit and nurture the finest dancers from around the world - including more than a dozen from the United States - and to produce exciting new work. With some of the best original ballets in the international repertoire, the National Ballet has been in demand to tour internationally. In the past five years alone, the National Ballet has toured to Washington D.C., Saratoga Springs and twice to both Los Angeles and New York City.
"Dance transcends borders and language to speak to us all and point to the very essence of who we are. With a growing audience in the U.S, the National Ballet’s American Friends have the opportunity to engage more deeply with the company and help fuel its remarkable ability to inspire so many." Mary Cirillo, President, American Friends of The National Ballet of Canada
Join American Friends
To show our gratitude for your generosity, we are pleased to offer you special recognition that will enhance your experiences with the National Ballet and keep you up-to-date with our activities.
- A donation confirmation for contributions eligible for IRS tax deductions
- Donor updates and a subscription to Preview, The National Ballet of Canada’s quarterly newsletter
- Podcasts of Patrons’ Council Events
- Invitations to special events in Toronto, Canada
- Invitations to National Ballet events when the company is on tour in the United States
- Access to the donor lounges at the Four Seasons Centre for the Performing Arts during Toronto performances
- Recognition by name in donor listings (for gifts over $500)
"...this is as fine an ensemble as you can find in North America."
Los Angeles Times
"The National Ballet dancers carry off this sophisticated style magnificently."
The Washington Post on The Winter's Tale