Auditions for 2019/20 company contracts are by invitation only.
Applicants must be dancers with strong, classical ballet technique and have performing experience with a professional company. Auditions are by invitation only.
Applications to audition for the 2019/20 Season will be accepted between September 15 – December 31, 2018.
- Only those who are considered good candidates for the company will be invited to audition in person in Toronto on one of the following dates:
- February 15, 2019
- February 22, 2019
- March 15, 2019
- Upon receipt, complete applications will be reviewed, and you will be informed as to whether you have been short-listed for consideration within approximately 7-10 business days.
- All formal invitations to attend the audition will be sent by email between December January 14-18, 2019.
*Please do not make travel arrangements until you receive an invitation to audition.
All applicants MUST SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING MATERIAL BY EMAIL to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered. Your application will not be processed unless all the required documents, photos and video links are submitted.
International Audition Pre-Selection Guidelines
An applicant would be required to submit the following material only:
- a video* link (YouTube or Vimeo) with no introduction or fancy editing, consisting of the following performed in leotard and tights for women and tight-fitting dance attire for men:
- a short classical variation drawn from the standard repertoire, danced in pointe shoes by female applicants
- a short contemporary variation (that could consist of something drawn from repertoire, phrases from classwork or an applicant-created work) that illustrates the applicant’s command of a range of movement different from that demonstrated in the classical variation
- a CV (.pdf / .doc / .docx) that includes your email address, postal address, height, date of birth, citizenship, training and performance experience.
- a head shot
- 2-3 dance photos (.pdf) that reveal the dancer’s body proportions and line
*Video work should ideally not filmed too far away. Performance video is acceptable if of good quality and filmed close-up
Contract dates: 2019/20 contracts will begin in July 2019 and conclude in June 2020.