Peng-Fei Jiang. Photo by Karolina Kuras.
Born: Anhui, China
Trained: Beijing Dance Academy and the New Zealand School of Dance
Second Soloist Since: 2023
Five Things to Know
- Born in Anhui, China, Peng-Fei’s dance training took him from Beijing Dance Academy to Wellington, where he attended the New Zealand School of Dance. He danced with the Royal New Zealand Ballet and Hong Kong Ballet before joining The National Ballet of Canada in 2017.
- In 2018, he made his debut in the principal role of Prince Florimund in The Sleeping Beauty. He also performs the soloist role of Icicle in The Nutcracker.
- Peng-Fei’s repertoire includes such works as Giselle, Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland, The Winter’s Tale, Nijinsky, Anna Karenina, The Dream, Emergence, Piano Concerto #1 and Cacti.
- In 2021, he appeared in a commissioned film of Robert Binet’s The Dreamer’s Ever Leave You directed by Ben Shirinian. His pas de deux with Corps de Ballet member Tirion Law was featured in the Creator’s Cut video of the project.
- Peng-Fei is a massive basketball fan and has always been cheering for the Raptors.
- 2Don Quixote
- The Lady of the Camellias (John Neumeier)
- 4Le Corsaire
- 5Soldiers' Mass
Peng-Fei Jiang was born in Anhui, China and trained at the Beijing Dance Academy and the New Zealand School of Dance. Peng-Fei has danced with The Royal New Zealand Ballet and The Hong Kong Ballet. He joined The National Ballet of Canada as a member of the Corps de Ballet in 2017 and was promoted to Second Soloist in 2023.
Most recently, Peng-Fei made his debut as Tybalt in Romeo and Juliet and performed in the world premiere of Wayne McGregor’s MADDADDAM as well as the Canadian premiere of Alonzo King’s The Collective Agreement. He has performed roles such as Prince Florimund in The Sleeping Beauty and an Icicle in The Nutcracker. His repertoire also includes such ballets as Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland, Cinderella, The Winter’s Tale, Nijinsky, Anna Karenina, The Merry Widow, The Four Seasons, The Dream, Emergence, Angels’ Atlas, Serenade, Concerto, Elite Syncopations, Cacti, Alleged Dances, Being and Nothingness, The Dreamers Ever Leave You, Crepuscular and On Solid Ground.