Albjon Gjorllaku. Photo by Karolina Kuras.
Born: London, England
Trained: The Royal Ballet School in London, England
Corps de Ballet since: 2022
Five Things to Know
- 1Before joining The National Ballet of Canada in 2019, Albjon danced in Florida with Orlando Ballet, where he danced such roles as Pas de Trois and Neapolitan in Swan Lake, Benvolio in Romeo and Juliet and Gaston and Lefou in Beauty and The Beast.
- 2In 2013, Albjon performed for His Royal Highness The Prince of Wales in the Royal Ballet School Gala at Buckingham Palace.
- 3Albjon is of Albanian heritage. He has hiked Albania’s largest mountain “Korab” many times and his name is an abbreviation of the Shqip phrase “Albania e jon” meaning “Our Albania”.
- 4Albjon can complete a Rubik’s cube in under five minutes.
- 5When he’s not able to train at the studio, Albjon enjoys calisthenics, outdoor workouts and using gymnastic rings.
- 1Romeo and Juliet
- 3Don Quixote by Carlos Acosta
- 4Swan Lake
- 5The Sleeping Beauty