Isabella Kinch. Photo by Karolina Kuras.
Born: Smithers, BC
Trained: Canada’s National Ballet School, Edmonton School of Ballet
Joined as Corps de Ballet: 2023
Five Things to Know
- 1Isabella goes by Bella, and she went to the Edmonton School of Ballet, training in various styles, before moving to Toronto to focus predominantly on ballet at Canada’s National Ballet School.
- 2In August 2019, she performed a pas de deux from Robert Binet’s Three Images of Hope at the Ballet Asteras Gala in Tokyo, Japan. She also performed it at the Biennale Tanzausbildung in Hamburg, Germany in February 2020.
- 3In her free time, Bella loves going on walks and spending time outside with friends and family.
- 4Bella is a huge dog person. She grew up with two dogs at home and hopes to get her own soon.
- 5YOU dance was one of her many highlights from her RBC Apprentice year. She will cherish the memories of performing for different elementary schools in the GTA.
- 1Serenade by George Balanchine
- 2Anima Animus by David Dawson
- 3Angels’ Atlas by Crystal Pite
- 4Giselle by Sir Peter Wright
- 5Chroma by Wayne McGregor
Isabella Kinch was born in Smithers, British Columbia and trained at Canada’s National Ballet School and Edmonton School of Ballet. She joined The National Ballet of Canada as a RBC Apprentice in 2022 and was promoted to Corps de Ballet in 2023.
Isabella’s repertoire includes Swan Lake, The Nutcracker, The Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella, Romeo and Juliet, MADDADDAM, Serenade and Symphony in C.
In 2021, Isabella was the recipient of the Peter Dwyer Award and Eric Bruhn Memorial Award.