Monika Haczkiewicz. Photo by Karolina Kuras.
Born: Las Vegas, Nevada
Trained: Nevada Ballet Theatre, Kwak Ballet Academy in Las Vegas, Tara Foy’s Elite Ballet in Las Vegas, Nevada School of Dance and Canada’s Royal Winnipeg Ballet School
Joined as Corps de Ballet: 2019
Five Things to Know
- Monika was born in Las Vegas and is the eldest daughter of two Cirque du Soleil acrobats who helped inspire her love for the stage. She gave her first performance at age six in Nevada Ballet Theatre’s presentation of The Nutcracker.
- In 2015, she earned second place in the senior division of the Youth America Grand Prix Las Vegas semi-finals.
- She danced with Atlanta Ballet before joining The National Ballet of Canada as a member of the Corps de Ballet in 2019.
- With Atlanta Ballet, Monika performed in Don Quixote, The Nutcracker, La Sylphide, Paquita, Carmina Burana, Allegro Brilliante, Catch, Who Cares? and Liam's Scarlett's Vespertine.
- Her repertoire with the National Ballet includes Alexei Ratmansky’s Romeo and Juliet and Robert Binet’s The Dreamers Ever Leave You.
Second place in the senior division of the Youth America Grand Prix Las Vegas semi-finals (2015)