Liya Fan. Photo by Amber Hunt.
Born: Chengdu (Sichuan), China
Trained: Beijing Dance Academy and The Royal Ballet School, London, UK
Five Things to Know
- 1Liya began dancing when she was 10 years old and trained at Beijing Dance Academy for five years. She was the Scholarship Winner of Prix de Lausanne in 2021, then joined and trained at The Royal Ballet School before joining The National Ballet of Canada in 2023.
- 2As a student, Liya participated in competitions and won several awards.
- 3At The Royal Ballet School, Liya performed in The Garland Dance, Raymonda Act III Pas de Trio, Le Deux Pigeons Pas de Deux and Don Quixote Act II.
- 4Liya enjoys dancing onstage and telling a story through movement. She wants audiences to be touched when watching her performance.
- 5She loves reading books about a variety of topics and is interested in everything from arts to sports.
- 1Romeo and Juliet by Kenneth MacMillan
- 2Onegin by John Cranko
- 3The Sleeping Beauty by Marius Petipa
- 4Don Quixote by Carlos Acosta
- 5La Bayadère by Marius Petipa
Liya Fan was born in Chengdu (Sichuan), China and trained at Beijing Dance Academy and The Royal Ballet School, London, UK. She joined The National Ballet of Canada as a Corps de Ballet Member in 2023.
She is a Scholarship Winner at Prix De Lausanne 2021 and has won the Grand Prix at Youth American Grand Prix 2021 Asia and Third Prize at Tanzolymp 2019 International Tanzfestival Berlin Competition.