Matthieu Pagés. Photo by Andreas Zihler.
Born: Annecy, France
Trained: Tanz Akademie Zürich
Five Things to Know
- 1Before joining the Tanz Akademie Zürich, Matthieu first studied in Paris Opéra Ballet School from 10 to 13 years old.
- 2The first dance class Matthieu ever took was an African dance class which he continued for two years before asking to start ballet.
- 3After graduating, Matthieu joined the Junior Ballett Zürich where he danced works by Christian Spuck, Hans van Manen, Crystal Pite and Cathy Marston.
- 4After dance, choreography is his biggest passion.
- 5Matthieu likes to go on road trips often and discover the world.
- 1Boléro by Maurice Béjart
- 2Romeo and Juliet by Jean-Christophe Maillot
- 3Manon by Kenneth MacMillan
- 4Angels’ Atlas by Crystal Pite
- 5Le Parc by Angelin Preljocaj
Matthieu Pagès was born in Annecy, France and trained at Tanz Akademie Zürich. He joined The National Ballet of Canada as a Corps de Ballet member in 2023.
Matthieu’s repertoire includes Nussknacker und Mausekönig, Anna Karenina by Christian Spuck, How I know you by Leo Mujic and The Cellist by Cathy Marston.